Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,494   Online: 1002

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone recognise this developer recipe?

I came across this on a scrap of paper, and have no idea where it came from.

I'm assuming these are quantities for 1l

Metol 2.5g
    Ascorbic Acid 10g
    Sodium Metaborate 35g
    KBr 0.4g

Does anyone recognise this as a specific known developer formula? Or is it simply someone's homebrew recipe?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I came across this on a scrap of paper, and have no idea where it came from.
    I'm assuming these are quantities for 1l
    Metol 2.5g
    Ascorbic Acid 10g
    Sodium Metaborate 35g
    KBr 0.4g
    Does anyone recognise this as a specific known developer formula? Or is it simply someone's homebrew recipe?
    I suspect it's a homebrew. The formula is very unusual in that it contains *no* sodium sulfite. The closest formula I could find in my records is a two-bath MC brew
    created by Jay De Fehr: http://photo.net/black-and-white-pho...g-forum/00F7TL

Your formula looks like a normal single-bath version of this two-bath. But I'll guess that it started as a PC-metaborate formula, and was adapted to use Metol.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Mark. I thought the lack of sulfite odd too.

By more accident than design, I've found a reference to this formula on the web as well - it is attributed as "Kodak EAA" here http://photoclub.od.ua/viewtopic.php...3de36967#p9420

which, as it turns out, is word-for-word identical to this post by PE! http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=851853

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    I suspect it's a homebrew. The formula is very unusual in that it contains *no* sodium sulfite.
    This is not all that unusual for an Ascorbic Acid developer as the Ascorbic Acid protects the Metol just as well. The famous PC-TEA also works without Sulfite, and one of the first patents for Ascorbic Acid to be used in photo chemistry claims it as Sulfite replacement, not as developer.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Anyone try this?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin