Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 806

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Paterson Photographic UK is done with chemicals

Read on another site that Paterson Photographic is done making chemicals - developers etc. About a year ago or so I had heard that a outfit in Spain was suppose to pickup production of Paterson's developers at least. Then I neither heard nor read a thing until today. If this is true I wonder if they'll release the formula for Acutol or even FX39. Who knows?????

Shooter
    35mm
    A long gone British magazine once claimed that Crawley never shared the entire recipe for Acutol with anyone, not even Paterson. Rather, it was claimed, he supplied them with a "secret ingredient X". Always sounded like BS to me but then I didn't consider any Paterson chemical products to be that good - just overpriced. OzJohn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's interesting, I looked at their site quite recently and it listed various chemicals.

Prompted by the OP I looked again just now - they have indeed gone.

There does remain a link to b&w chemicals in their "e-shop", which leads to a "page does not exist"

Shame they haven't got an info or press-release page that explains.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Originally Paterson chemistry was made for them by Ilford, later both Ilford and paterson chemistry was made by Champion in the UK. Wwhen Champion closed their UK plant &moved production to Spain they gained the contract to make all Kodak's chemistry in the US, EU etc and dropped manufacture of Ilford & Paterson chemistry.

Paterson chemistry only made a modest comeback after that all their superb colour chemistry (originally Photocolor) disappeared completely.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a litre of FX-39 that I was going to try but now it seems rather fruitless, and I've settled on XTOL anyway...

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    TBH (and I'm in the UK), I wasn't aware that Paterson chemicals had been available for many years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I have not used them in over twenty years, they were the vendors of the first wet chemistry I ever used.

I remeber the short brown plastic bottles with oversized white screw lids. Ah, the joy of middle age.

Remembering things that no longer exist.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really no more FX-39?? I love that stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Instead of FX-39 you can make FX-37, which is very, very close to it. FX-37 is a G. Crawley published formulae.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Роберт View Post
    Instead of FX-39 you can make FX-37, which is very, very close to it. FX-37 is a G. Crawley published formulae.
    And a great developer for TMX,TMY and Efke Aura.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin