Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,507   Online: 1027

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Right on the money Thomas! Sometimes we worry about things that really don't need to be worried about. Nice picture of you two. I didn't think you were that old? Oh, you're the big, tall Scandinavian on the right. Ha! Ha! good job and a good reward for hard work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I had no idea much of anybody read much of anything I post on here. Guess it goes to show be careful what you post, because people do read it. I try to keep my posts constructive, but sometimes we all slip. In conclusion, Microdol X was a fine developer. I'm sorry Kodak dropped it. It was practically grainless and sharp as a tack. And so forgiving on the shoulder end of the curve. Good stuff. Regards.
    MicrodolX was good stuff just like Perceptol is, but when I used a fast film I usually was using it for speed. Microdol/Perceptol were speed cutters with Tri-X. At least it was that way for me. Now I use Perceptol 1:3 and find that with TMY2 and Acros I can get pretty close to box speed, but developing times are rather long. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I had no idea much of anybody read much of anything I post on here. Guess it goes to show be careful what you post, because people do read it. I try to keep my posts constructive, but sometimes we all slip. In conclusion, Microdol X was a fine developer. I'm sorry Kodak dropped it. It was practically grainless and sharp as a tack. And so forgiving on the shoulder end of the curve. Good stuff. Regards.
    You can still buy it from Freestyle. See here.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/749710...-Make-1-Gallon

Same stuff. I use their Eco Pro, which is Xtol and it's the same for all practical purposes.

People do read your posts, Tom. And they are never erased. They are searchable by future Internet users. I was told once to write Internet posts as if they were letters to my boss. While I don't comply with that, I do think a bit about what future readers will see.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    Right on the money Thomas! Sometimes we worry about things that really don't need to be worried about. Nice picture of you two. I didn't think you were that old? Oh, you're the big, tall Scandinavian on the right. Ha! Ha! good job and a good reward for hard work.
    Yeah, I look very old for age 41.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations, Thomas.
    I agree, my motto is "I'd rather have a decent negative of a good image than a good negative of a decent image."
    Of course, you do your best at the time, but it's the image that counts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would develop as normal in Rodinal, with K 400 I find you lose a stop in Rodinal, and it will be very grainy, and not what I call nice grain, such as you get with Fomapan 400

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin