Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,882   Online: 965

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

HARMAN technology Limited : Site Tour November 2013

Dear All,

We have had several open days here at the factory in Mobberley, Cheshire. UK. Its probably not for me to say but those who have attended in the past seem to have enjoyed themselves and perhaps learned just a little.

As its a while since we have done one and many new APUGGERS have joined in the meantime we thought we would offer another opportunity for those who have not yet seen a working Photographic Manufacturing Site and its processesthe opportunity to do so.

It is therefore our intention to hold an open day on Friday the 15th November 2013.

The tour will commence with a brief introduction to the day and a safety briefing, R&D / Emulsion Making / Coating ( including seeing a test coating in the light on the M22 development coating machine : / Cassette Manufacturing Film and Paper Finishing and also last but not least The ILFORD Lab : We will also provide a lunch.

Whilst all are welcome it is important to state that we will walk a not inconsiderable distance, traverse stairs up and down and at times be in areas of minimal light, so it can be a slightly tiring day.

We can manage around 50 guests, it is entirely free you just have to get here.

Mobberley is just South of Manchester in the North West of England, and about 20 minutes from Manchester Airport, it is within 90 minutes by car of the English Lake District and and the Peak District, two of Englands most lovely ( and compact ) National Parks.

I will be letting you know how you can register to join us for this event by the middle of next week.

We hope you can join us and be part of the ILFORD family for a day.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wish I could come, a bit of a trip, although we've been to GB 3 times over the years for vacation. England is one of my favorite countries, not in small part for the photographic opportunities.
    Of topic, but I've always wanted to know, and here's my chance: when the British say, "whilst", do they pronounce the "st" at the end? I don't remember ever hearing it.

Enjoy the open day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh man, I WISH I could be there for this!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very excited, I should be able to make this!

Shooter
    35mm
    Having been on two tours I can say it is well worth the effort. Unless you have real mobility problems I wouldn't worry about tiredness as there's just too much to see and learn.

The Ilford staff really do the visitors proud

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some day, Simon, if there is enough lead time, I may build an English vacation around one of these tours. Not this year, however.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd love the trip, but situations like present themselves out of time with my schedule.

Thanks to Ilford for supporting us!

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I can make this.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Brilliant! I was part of the tour on 15 June 2007 and I reflect on the day with pleasure. Highlights included appreciating the sheer size and sophistication of the coating plant, and at the other end of the scale the home-made complexity of the 120 spooling facility.

Thoroughly recommended.

George

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Some day I will make Mobberly,,, its on my bucket list.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin