Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,607   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your respones guys. I've attached a bit of the offending blotchy photo. The fixer I was using was Fotospeed, and the toner was Speedibrew Porcelain Blue. I like the colour of the bits that have toned correctly. Could a gold toner get me something similar?

The only other thing that could possibly be a factor is that the paper is about a year old. Don't know if that could make any difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tree Swatch.jpg  

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We ran some test with various warmtone papers and toners and one of the papers and Fotospeed gold toner resulted in a very blue toned photo. So, a specific paper and gold can create a strong blue tone. However, it doesn't have the same intensity as the iron toners, which has already been mentioned by les.

i will get back to you later this evening with the specific paper as i don't have the print here at home.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    tone your image in gold toner to achieve a very stable and permament blue tint, blue toners are not generalyy fully permanent.
    My experience is that blue iron toners are very UN-permanent, even worse that inkjet prints. :o However Speedibrew Porcelain Blue formulation is supposed to overcome this problem, so the thread is of interest.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin