Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,026   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Archimedes The Dog,

Firstly you do not state what date the film expires ?

If its in date it should be fine, if its out of date it should also be fine provided it has been stored in normal conditions ( a cool dark place not exceeding 20 degrees ) or has not been exposed to higher temperatures or humidity for excessive periods of time.

You mention DELTA 3200 ( keeps poorly ) no it does not, it is incredibly stable, its a CCG ( Controlled Crystal Growth ) type emulsion, although faster films do tend to deteriorate quicker than slower films DELTA 3200 has a very stable profile : All emulsions from KODAK / FUJI and ILFORD are incredibly stable prior to exposure, they have to be pretty abused to show deterioration before the expirey date on the film.

PAN F + Latent image performance, PAN F + is a conventional emulsion and latent image stability is a factor with ALL films : See our full product information sheet on PAN F + on our website, ALL films ( and papers come to that ) should be processed promptly after exposure and PAN F + no longer than 3 months from the date it was exposed.

Storing EXPOSED Films in controlled conditions.

After exposing films they should be stored in the same way as unexposed films in a cool, dry environment not exceeding 20 Degrees.

Whilst refrigerating or freezing UNexposed films will certainly help extend their life and performance ( providing they are protected from frost / moisture etc - lots of threads re this on APUG ) refridgerating or freezing post exposure I would not recommend, although it probably would not do them any harm as long as you allowed 24 hours for them to regulate and get up to room temperature before processing them.

Its far better to have a protocol or discipline that you process films promptly after exposure.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I posted this once before but I tested some long-stored PanF+ vs new and found only the slightest difference (imperceptible to my eyes). I was doing some initial sorting out runs with WD2D+ and thought I'd solve 2 things at once. Here's an old graph of the densities (likely from about 2005):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panf.JPG  
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by craigclu View Post
    I think I posted this once before but I tested some long-stored PanF+ vs new and found only the slightest difference (imperceptible to my eyes). I was doing some initial sorting out runs with WD2D+ and thought I'd solve 2 things at once. Here's an old graph of the densities (likely from about 2005):
    That lines up with what I found as well. I even tested some frozen Pan-F (non +). That compared very well to the newer version. I honestly had a hard time seeing what the "+" added, it's always been an excellent film for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Archimedes The Dog,

Firstly you do not state what date the film expires ?

If its in date it should be fine, if its out of date it should also be fine provided it has been stored in normal conditions ( a cool dark place not exceeding 20 degrees ) or has not been exposed to higher temperatures or humidity for excessive periods of time.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited.
    Thanks, Simon. It expires in 2015. I should be fine. I also thank you for the info about 3200, I had read somewhere that it was less stable when stored at room temperature, I appreciate the clarification.
    --
    Rolleicord V, Bronica ETRS, Pentax KM, Minolta XG-M, Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35, Ansco Buster Brown No.3
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51479229@N04/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin