Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,094   Online: 979

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

What's wrong with this film?

Recently I bought several rolls of Fomapan 400 film. One roll shows some patterns like tree branches. Did any happen to have similar problems? Is it mold or fungus?

BTW this is rebranded Arista Edu Ultra 400.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s_Scan-130925-0023.jpg  
    Last edited by newtorf; 09-27-2013 at 01:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To my aging eyes it looks like a double exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never seen it before but that does look like fungus to me; the only alternative I can think of is a static discharge when advancing the film, but the images I have seen of that do look different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    double exposure of some sort -- the clear pattern in the middle, not to mention the tree-branch-like pattern on the top, can be nothing else. what sort of camera?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry but I meant the tree branch like patterns in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    To my aging eyes it looks like a double exposure.

Shooter
    35mm
    perhaps too big temperature variation during developing, developer much cooler than the rinse for example. I have no idea how big difference there is allowed. THe emulsion has suffered. Reticulation. My guess only. The odds are 1:19.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Definitely a double-exposure to me. Looks like grass. If you are using an SLR, check your advance mechanism. If not, then you likely just forgot to advance or inadvertently tripped the shutter (although the superimposed picture looks well in focus).

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clearly a double exposure of a grassy knoll.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd go with the accidental double exposure theory.....but, reading your original query carefully, are you saying the fault in on one frame or on the whole roll ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    Recently I bought several rolls of Fomapan 400 film. One roll shows some patterns like tree branches. Did any happen to have similar problems? Is it mold or fungus?

BTW this is rebranded Arista Edu Ultra 400.
    We know what film you used, but what camera were you using? Did you buy the film from a dealer or an acquaintance that had it sitting around? If you had not double exposed in your camera, is it possible that the film was already exposed and the reloaded in the camera and exposed again?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin