Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,017   Online: 670

Thread: PXP Plus-X

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

PXP Plus-X

Hi does any one know where I can find some PXP Plus-X 125 B&W Negative Film - 4x5
    Thanks
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems to me Kodak discontinued Plus-X in 4x5 format this past year -- it's probably getting pretty scarce by now. For a 100 speed 4x5, I'd suggest giving J and C Pro 100 a try -- everyone I've heard of who has used it has liked it, and the price is seriously unbeatable.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Kodak did discontinue Plus-X in sheets. However, you can try J&C like Donald says, or there's Efke and possibly Ilford FP-4 (great film if it's still made in this size).

There might be a few others I can't think of at the moment; perhaps others will know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kodak has indeed discontinued Plus-X in sheet formats. However be advised that the emulsion as well as the substrate used in the sheet film was quite different than that used on roll films.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

J&C

where can I find this film? does freestyle carries it?
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by castilg
    where can I find this film? does freestyle carries it?

JandC Photo
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once again, we see the "wisdom" of Kodak, discontinuing one of their most popular films. I have to wonder, are they deliberately trying to commit corporate suicide? Meanwhile, Freestyle or B&H may have some in stock. Sigh. At least we still have Ilford FP4.

Gustavo,
    I used to love PXP and shot it exclusively with my 5x7. Since it disappeared, I've been shooting tri-x 320 rated at 160, developed in pyrocat. I have to say I like this better than PXP. Unless you're tied to an existing project, you might want to give it a try...
    Take care,
    Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin