Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,703   Online: 858

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, I'll give some of these a shot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up a cheap generic plastic gallon pitcher for a couple of dollars. It's marked in 1 quart increments. 3 quarts of distilled water goes into the pitcher, and from there into a large plastic bowl (also a cheap generic kitchen item) which is large enough to hold that amount of water and still fits in our microwave. I nuke it for 8-9 minutes to get it to temperature, stirring it up every couple of minutes while cooking and checking it to make sure it's all at the correct temperature.

Then I pour it back into the pitcher, followed by the D76 powder. Stir that until everything is dissolved, then add room temp distilled water until it hits the 1 gallon mark.

The pitcher plus a cheap plastic funnel (the type you find in the auto care section of the store) make it fairly easy to pour the developer into suitable sized bottles.

Same approach worked great when I mixed up a batch of Formulary 130 from the powder kit they make.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a pitcher sold for iced tea and lemonade. It holds a gallon and has a snap on lid and at least one quart graduations. Even my local supermarket has one like that made by Rubbermaid. My tap water easily gets to 120ºF, although I usually use distilled water in smaller quantities, heated in the microwave. I pour the cooled final results into two half gallon PET juice bottles.

(It's the 5 liter mixes that addle what's left of my mind! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought a plastic one gallon pitcher from the dollar store. Run tap water at about 120 degrees (plus or minus a degree or two), stir in the powder with my plastic stirrer, then top off the pitcher with more water. Stir gently for a couple more minutes and allow to cool a bit. Decant into a brown, one gallon Delta Jug I bought from Freestyle through a 25 cent, plastic funnel.

I doubt this stuff will wear out anytime soon but if it ever does I do like the plastic milk jug idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin