Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,646   Online: 710

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm pretty sure you can still get a 220 Hewes from Freestyle (and I'm sure other places); it fits in a regular stainless tank.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Could someone make 220 B&W?

Jeff
    In theory, certainly.

Would the market support it? Sadly, I think the absence of 220 product offerings pretty much answers that one.

It surprises me that Kodak still produces color Portra in 220. There must still be enough film-based wedding photography to support it. I'm actually thinking of laying in a supply even though it commands a premium over two rolls of 120. Changing rolls every 10 shots can be a drag, and being able to carry twice as many exposures in the same volume and similar weight is quite attractive.
    Last edited by Steve Goldstein; 09-30-2013 at 12:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jobo 1501 reels, and 2502 (and the rare no longer made 2501) will take 220 film.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Would the normal plastic Paterson reels take 220? I use it with both 36 exposure 35mm and crack it up to use the 120 format. I distinctly remember it "fills" all the way with 135/36 but leaves quite a bit of room when using 120......
    If so I might give those 220 Portra a crack at it.
    PS: To the photography gods out there.. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE B&W 220!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambar View Post
    Would the normal plastic Paterson reels take 220? I use it with both 36 exposure 35mm and crack it up to use the 120 format. I distinctly remember it "fills" all the way with 135/36 but leaves quite a bit of room when using 120......
    If so I might give those 220 Portra a crack at it.
    PS: To the photography gods out there.. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE B&W 220!
    The normal Paterson reels do take 220.

Remember that the 220 Portra requires a C41 process, not the standard black and white process.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a stainless reel for 220, it fits in the same tank as the 120 reel, no problem.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Matt! I'm aware of the C41.. I just need an simple silly excuse to drive me over the edge and get me into C41.
    Carrying 20 shots (6x7) at a time in my camera does sound VERY appealing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of the fat stainless tanks and reels for 220, got them just as kodak discontinued that size Tri-x, naturally. These are a larger diameter than regular tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the heads up Matt! I did not know that the bugger was chromogenic.
    That tears it, it's going to Dwane's. I will stay with Tri-X and Ilford H.P+.
    The good news is I still have a bulk roll of the old Tri-X emulsion in the freezer.
    Kodak has stopped making Microdal-X, but I can brew the original Microdal myself.
    Digital anyone? Ha!

/Clay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    I'm actually thinking of laying in a supply even though it commands a premium over two rolls of 120. Changing rolls every 10 shots can be a drag, and being able to carry twice as many exposures in the same volume and similar weight is quite attractive.
    The search term you are looking for is "70mm" I get about 60 frames of 6x7 per roll.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin