Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,895   Online: 843

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find it interesting that 220 commends a premium at B&H. I'm in Japan right now and 220 film is fraction cheaper than 120. There's stock of velvia, provia, fuji pro160/400 and 160/400 portras. Maybe something else I have missed as well.

Makes me wish that I had a camera which takes 220 film. Might be time to get a 220 back for my hasselblad.

Shooter
    35mm
    I found developing 220 film with a Paterson reel inconvenient. The Ilford 220 b&w film felt even thinner than the Kodak stock. The nicest way to do regular tank and reel developing of 220 is with a Nikor wide spaced 220 tank and reel set. They are available on eBay and like most accessories for 220 film sell for much lower prices now. Very few people are interested in 220 backs or inserts at any price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've processed Velvia 50 220 with a Patterson Super System 4 reel and tank, and it worked just fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The Paterson and Jobo 2xxx spirals will take a 220 length.
    Took the words out of my mouth [keyboard?]
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I used 220 film in B&W in the 1980's and had no problem loading it into Paterson System 4 reels and there was no bit left over sticking out. There is/was a Spanish manufacturer of tanks & plastic reels which were often sold under various names - the reels could also take 220 films and I found the reels were, for me, actually easier to load than the Paterson ones.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin