Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,946   Online: 778

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

220 Roll Film Tanks

I've been souping my own film since the 1960's, but just 35mm, 127, 120. Now have a medium format camera that takes 220 film.

Are there larger tanks and reels for the twice as long film? Thanks,

/Clay

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay2 View Post
    I've been souping my own film since the 1960's, but just 35mm, 127, 120. Now have a medium format camera that takes 220 film.

Are there larger tanks and reels for the twice as long film? Thanks,

/Clay
    Not processed 220 for some years, but I had a (Paterson or Johnson, probably?) tank with an adjustable reel which was big enough to take either a 220 film or a 36 exp 35mm.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to develop my TXP-320 rolls in Paterson tanks with good result. Today you will have t use C-41 or E6 films and chemistry as all B&W films in 220 size are gone. There may be some leftover TXP-320 rolls in 220 size but they are probably to old and to expensive. Sad , but that's the way it is.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Paterson and Jobo 2xxx spirals will take a 220 length.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Karl,

Its Kodak Portra 400 B&W, got a five-roll pack that expired June 2004. Sent the first roll out and its still quite good.

/Clay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I will either send it to Dwane's, or tape 2 Kodak roll-film aprons together and use my colour print tank to hold it. I have my own

wet colour darkroom and used the tank for 11x16 Cibrachrome prints. Geez, Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Cibachrome, and now 220 B&W all

gone! Getting old, ha! Enough to make me coat my own glass plates!

Best regards,

/Clay

Images
    Good Morning, Clay,

Kinderman made a 220 tank and reel--the usual high-quality stuff. I recall that one was advertised for sale here on APUG fairly recently.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Clay,

The problem is nobody makes 220 film anymore.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H shows 220 Portra color in stock, I just checked. You really have to want it, it sells for a premium over the cost of two 120 rolls. There's no 220 black-and-white still being manufactured anywhere as far as I know. I wish there were, it would relieve the tyranny of the 10-exposure (for 6x7) roll.

If you can find one, Nikor made a tank for 220. I believe the tank is the same one used for 4x5, wider than the standard one for 120/35mm, and they made special stainless reels for 220 that fit the larger-diameter tank. I think I still have a couple of those reels. I should probably sell them while it might still be possible.

You could also send it to Praus Productions in Rochester, NY. That's where I send my E6. He just did some 220 Provia for me a couple of weeks ago, I still have a bunch of past-date rolls in the freezer. He also does C41 and B&W processing.
    Last edited by Steve Goldstein; 09-30-2013 at 12:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could someone make 220 B&W?

Jeff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin