Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,476   Online: 812

Shooter
    Medium Format

Brown stain of FB Paper?

Hey guys,

Some time ago I bought some of the FB paper form Photo Warehouse. I printed a image on it on 16x20. However I noticed that there are brown stains on the outedge of the paper. Is this caused by cheap peper? Printed some things last weekend with no problem on different paper.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like the paper is contaminated on the edge, somehow. Maybe you can trim off that part if it isn't too intrusive?

Unfortunately, you often get what you pay for.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately, you often get what you pay for

Thats what I'm thinking..
    ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used hundreds of sheets of Ultrafine Silver Eagle FB VC paper from Photo Warehouse and find the base stays clean and white right to the edge with normal 90 to 120 seconds developing times in Dektol 1+2.

If I extend development much beyond 3 minutes I occasionally pick up a faint yellow edge that extends maybe 1 or 2 centimetres into the paper. It looks like the edge penetration effect that happens with RC paper subjected to long wet times but but this is fibre base paper. It's a mystery why this happens but I sidestep the problem by avoiding long developing times.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin