Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,092   Online: 910

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was surprised by how often the reel would "ride up" in processing on me, considering how firmly the reels slide down on the spindle. But they would ride up - even with the clip on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cause of negative borderless come out lighter than the rest of the film are:
    - insufienta amount of developer. Version that was mentioned by fellow above;
    - the spiral tank with impurities;
    - a film molding defects.
    To check the last two assumptions Cut two pieces of film (~ 3 cm). A glimpse of a charge and the other a charge overturned. If the film are molding defective of the film one piece more transparent film will come out on top and one on the other in the bottom.
    If the problem comes from the tank, lighter portions will come out on the same side.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To me this also looks like insufficient liquid levels. Check your tank for suggested fill levels at the bottom. Most Paterson tanks are 500ml for a single spiral of 120 film. If your tank is bigger, make sure you put an empty spiral on top of the one with the film, so it can not ride up the little black center tube. Happened to me a few times, before I started putting empty spirals in to keep the loaded spiral down.
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks to all of you!
    Will check all what you suggested.
    As mentioned before I am processing a lot and this thing happened just a few times. I am using the same tank, the same reels and chemistry. And yes...I have this clip to keep the reel in one position but using it not too often.
    Appreciate all your suggestion!
    time for tests
    cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe the tank and reels got worn that all of a sudden the reels were 'allowed' to start moving around?

Try using a rubber band and wrap it tight around the center column so that the reel can't move out of the 'bottom position'.

That's the easiest way I found to prevent this with Paterson and other plastic tanks.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! I will process couple of rolls tonight. It will be 35mm this time and mentioned problem happened only while processing 120...will see anyway

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a new Paterson tank last year, and the reel(s) would frequently move up the column a millimeter or three during processing. More so with a single reel than with a double. No locking clip included.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    How long is your hair?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, finally I made another tests. the same tank, reels, chemistry and type of film. This time however I was using mentioned clip for keeping the reel in one position. Also instead of 500ml I prepared about 530ml chemistry(just in case)...all looks fine. negative is drying now so will check it once again tomorrow.
    Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    The freestyle Reel clip is also compatable with the Paterson Tanks if needed.
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/550445...ilm-Developing
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin