Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,179   Online: 757

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few prints

Shooter
    35mm

A few prints

Just sharing a few print I made today. All 20x24 FB Ilford Glossy, selenium toned 1:20

I printed 16 today. After a 2 hour wash I stacked them all on the Ilford 20x24 box with the blastic bag on top of it so I could transfer them for drying and the pile fell on the contaminated floor (fixer and all sorts of dried chemicals). I couldn't wash again for a whole hour so I rinsed the upper and lower prints as well as all the edges and now they are drying. As I recall, the prints didn't touch the floor but slid with the bag. I rinsed the bag.

If the prints ever got contaminated, it will be on the edges a little bit. I guess I can always shave the prints if some yellowing occurs, over time.

I worked for more then 12 hours on these prints. Feeling a bit mad at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg   a-1.jpg   a-2.jpg   a-3.jpg   a-4.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice! Very cool shots. Where were they taken?

Shooter
    35mm
    In Cuba a few months ago. All shot on a Leica MP + 28 Summicron on Pan-F & FP-4 Plus.

Now that Summicron. I shot all of the best Leica glass and you'll never see me write a lens review as I believe in prints revealing the lenses. As I am a film shooter, I give myself as much as 5 years for a lens to impress me and I judge lenses on prints, not on 100% screen views. Some lenses still take time to sing in my prints (24 summilux comes to mind). But this 28 Summicron screams Leica all over the place. I like to look at my prints and know exactly which lens took the shot by its unique characteristics. Some lenses just never fulfill that while some others aer overly present. The summicron is definitely one of the latter.

Shooter
    35mm
    The truck was shot with a 50 Summilux Pre-asph BP. Another lens that has quite a presence of its own...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear NB23,

If you re-washed they should be absolutely fine.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi nb23

sorry to read of "the falling"
    they are beautiful photographs ..
    ( nice to finally see some of your work ! )

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice prints. Thanks for sharing. Maybe time to get a subscription and post some work to the gallery.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice images.. Love the negitive destressed edge showing on the last one. Stunning.

ToddB

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good photographs, but now I have a kink in my neck...

Have a website?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin