Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,878   Online: 972

Thread: Acros vs Other?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Acros vs Other?

Aside from the reciprocity characteristics, how does Acros compare to Delta 100 and TMax 100? Would they be considered similar or still quite different?

I have a lot of Acros experience, but none with the others. Just trying to learn to.

Thanks!

Their spectral responses are different. Acros is orthopanchromatic, somewhat less sensitive to red than the others. It renders green foliage lighter, much lighter still with a yellow filter. Grain-wise they are pretty much the same. Acros is my favorite of the three. T-Max 100 would be my second favorite, Delta the third. I find the Delta films to be difficult to handle, probably my problem more than the films'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, i agree that Acros is my favorite film at 100ASA, i also prefer TMAX over Delta 100, but i can manage to have all three good enough results, but if i must choose one then Acros is my choice always.

I don't know why, but when i look at Acros results after scan, i see that silver look over TMAX/Delta/Foma, so is it something about Acros that give me that look/effect of silver?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin