Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,706   Online: 1085

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Book of Pyro

Shooter
    Medium Format

Book of Pyro

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get a copy of the book of pyro? Or does anyone have a pdf copy they could send me?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello , If there is a pdf to be sent , I want it also.

Thank you,
    Umut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It seems to be esaily available from there:
    http://stores.photoformulary.com/Det...ory=ALL&no=251
    and from Amamzon too.
    Google is your very good friend.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    £50 on UK Amazon !!

I would do some online research first, that book, good as it is, was published in 1992 and a lot of work in this field has been shared since then. I would look here first: pyrocat-hd.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livsey View Post
    £50 on UK Amazon !!

I would do some online research first, that book, good as it is, was published in 1992 and a lot of work in this field has been shared since then. I would look here first: pyrocat-hd.com
    I think that this is good advice. Note that at www.pyrocat-hd.com there is some lack of clarity in mixing pyrocat-MC. The error relates to the absence of either TEA or glycerine in the list of ingredients. See

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum224/...irections.html

about half way down. Read the whole thread to get the picture. The error is that you need TEA for the original formula, or as an alternative, something else to get the metol to dissolve.

I'm using the original -MC version very happily.
    Last edited by john_s; 10-05-2013 at 05:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: it wasn't up to date when I checked www.pyrocat-hd.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The book of pyro only tells you about PMK, which in the opinion of many is an inferior formula. Most photographers using pyrogallol or pyrocatechin based developers today use some variant of Sandy King's Pyrocat developers. Everything you need to know is right here. I wouldn't give you 50 pence for the Book of Pyro, much less 50 pounds. Save your money for the chemicals.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The book does not cover using Pyro as developing until completion [or exhaustion of solution A] which can be done with Rollo Pyro. Developing to completion means that the length of time and temperature do not have to be accurately handled as long as enough time has been allowed.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have one I would sell you. If you are interested, pm me.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if not,my copy is for sale to the highest bidder.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    The book of pyro only tells you about PMK, which in the opinion of many is an inferior formula. Most photographers using pyrogallol or pyrocatechin based developers today use some variant of Sandy King's Pyrocat developers. Everything you need to know is right here. I wouldn't give you 50 pence for the Book of Pyro, much less 50 pounds. Save your money for the chemicals.
    It turns out that there are a lot of opinions in photography. Just like not everyone thinks staining developers are best, not all that do think that Pyrocat is best. Different strokes for different folks.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin