Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,692   Online: 723

Shooter
    Medium Format

Old Yugoslavian paper. Made by Efke?

I just picked up a couple of packs of old paper as part of a job lot of darkroom equipment. The paper is Jessops store brand and describes itself as grade 2, high silver content, RC paper. It is made in Yugoslavian which I guess dates it to at least 20 years old.

What paper manufacturers were based in Yugoslavia at that time? Efke was Croatian was there anyone else?

I'm only thinking of trying it for lith printing, I know it is likely no good for straight printing.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fotokemika or Efka (not yet called Efke back then) was the only photochemical plant in Yugoslavia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Emaks? - like this:http://www.freestylephoto.biz/220220...0x24-10-sheets
    Very good paper. I would give it a try in straight printing too. (Have some of it left in my freezer myself.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd love to think it was Emaks. Hopefully it is a similar emulsion.

Judging by the state of some of the stuff in the box it has probably been in a loft for 20 years rather than carefully stored in a freezer. I don't have much hope for straight printing but I will give it a shot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Jessops had a lot of their own brand items manufactured by Fotokemika at one time. As well as photographic paper, they had a range of B & W films in 120m & 35mm. Originally these were the R/KB 14, 17 & 21 emulsions, but later they used at least three other manufacturers for B & W 35mm films (someone in Spain, the old Ilford & Agfa) but they retained Fotokemika for the 120 roll films until they gave up their own branded films a few years back. They even carried the R21 in 127 but I can't remember if that was in their own packaging or in that of Efke. Their colour films were made by Agfa and possibly others.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin