Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,675   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

need dev time for J&C pro 100 and Tmax

All I have at home right now is tmax developer and I can't find info on times to develop the J&C pro 100 120 film. I would like to compare it to other films and would like a good starting point, without fiddling too much. thanks,
    Will

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The times J&C gives on their site for Pro 100 are very similar to those for APX 100 in a wide selection of developers; it would probably give a good starting point to use the APX 100 times for Tmax -- which the Massive Dev Chart gives as 6.5 minutes at 1:4, EI 100, or 9.5 at 1:9, EI 125.

No, I don't think Pro 100 is rebranded APX 100, given that Agfa isn't selling sheet film to anyone else at this time; as well, I'm told by those who've tried it that Pro 100 roll film has no edge markings at all, which doesn't seem to match up with Agfa practice. Given reports of blue dye coming off in presoak or dev, it seems likely to be Eastern European in origin -- but the published times don't match either Efke or Fomapan.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Donald, I was looking at the original thread on this film (pumped it back to the main page)
    jandc confirmed this is a Lucky film (chinese)
    Mama took my APX away.....

Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Donald, I was looking at the original thread on this film (pumped it back to the main page)
    jandc confirmed this is a Lucky film (chinese)
    I said the film as made in China. However it is not made by Lucky. We have it custom made for us by another Chinese manufacturer who imports the raw materials into China and completes the process there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin