Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,269   Online: 738

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Try putting the tube in a tray of water and GENTLY spinning it for your agitation then stand it up on end(the way it was prior to agitation.

As far as being afraid of the film being too far down....no problem at all. I shove mine way down there and when I need to retrieve at the end of processing I empty all chemistry and then hold the tube in my right hand with the open end toward my left hand and then give the tube a couple of sharp raps onto the open palm of the left hand. Kinda like clapping your hands but a tube is in one(right hand). This abrupt stopping brings the film up close to the open end for easy removal.

Does this make sense? It's pretty easy it's just hard to explain.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fiberglass screen trick is still the easiest for film removal. Cut a piece of screen to film size, but leave an edge about an inch longer than the film. Trim all of the excess off until there is a tab left in the center (1" or 25mm, whichever comes first). Once film is loaded, just pull the tab to remove film. Quick and easy. Also allows fluid to circulate onto the back side of the film to remove anti-halation coating and make things work well. Make sure to cut to size so the screen isn't too big. The cut ends can scratch the film. tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin