Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,569   Online: 906

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder why mine turns lavender before I use it. My fixer also picks up a lavender hue. Do you think it could be my soft water? No...the fixer is mixed with distilled...though the developer and stop that precede it aren't.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Just an FYI, I've been using the stuff B+S makes for 6-7 years now without a single issue. Last a friggen long time too.
    What is "B+S?"
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    What is "B+S?"
    I think Bostick and Sullivan.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder why mine turns lavender before I use it. My fixer also picks up a lavender hue. Do you think it could be my soft water? No...the fixer is mixed with distilled...though the developer and stop that precede it aren't.
    Try mixing the developer with distilled water and see what happens.

Although it's safe to assume that Ian tells important facts concerning the discoloration - he knows his chemistry, for sure. It may simply be that some of the developer components have gone bad.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What is "B+S?"
    Yes sorry, Bostick and Sullivan. It's not glycol based, but I haven't had any issues with the bottles in a 6 month period. Typically, that's plenty for my needs. For $25 or whatever, it's probably one of the most economical developers out there.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Try mixing the developer with distilled water and see what happens.

Although it's safe to assume that Ian tells important facts concerning the discoloration - he knows his chemistry, for sure. It may simply be that some of the developer components have gone bad.
    It's a brand new purchase as of about three weeks ago. If it's bad and limping along en route to failure, I hope the vendor will replace it...and from a different lot number.

I'll mix the next batch with distilled water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps I was experiencing some sort of contamination from the Patterson plastic measure I was mixing in. The last two batches of Pyrocat-MC were mixed in stainless and didn't turn purple.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps I was experiencing some sort of contamination from the Patterson plastic measure I was mixing in. The last two batches of Pyrocat-MC were mixed in stainless and didn't turn purple.
    Did you use distilled water? Or tap?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only use deionised water to make up the concentrates, I use tap water for dilution and have no problems however I do add a very small amount (drops) of non foaming wetting agent to the developer before use. I have hard water both in the UK & Turkey and it prevents air-bells, I now madd it at the concentrate stage.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Did you use distilled water? Or tap?
    Once with distilled and once with tap. Neither time did it discolor in stainless. That Patterson graduate is headed toward the trash.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin