Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,763   Online: 976

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would need to get on a plane to collect it.
    Ha! for some reason I thought you were UK!!

Shooter
    35mm
    No rubyfalls ,

It doesn't have an interchangeable mount. It is 37mm Leica thread and the enlarger design has a shutter which flicks over (and back) the hole where the lens screws in. This shutter is flush with the board and the Componon sticks up through it and hits the shutter. I just need to drop it down a bit with the Ranox RA3737 F37-M37 Adapter Ring

as I posted above. I just need to find one. I am 99% sure this will work according to my scientific training LOL

I think the enlarger will be quite good when I get it working then I'll sell it when I build an Ansel style darkroom and have a house to accommodate it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Ruby, I missed your previous post, I am over in Belfast (The land of zero 2nd hand enlargers on Ebay anyway!)

Another thought is to buy a 37mm filter and simlpy take the glass out. A 37mm filter ring with 4-5mm of depth should do, I imagine the thread pitch is the same OR IS IT?

EDIT: Judging side by side the thread pitch isn't the same so the above will not work and the filter ring threads wouldn't reach the female threads inside the mount.
    Last edited by nocturnal; 12-08-2013 at 01:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yikes. I admire your fortitude. My attempt to "fix" my enlarger problem (jammed board clip) resulted in a shower of teeny springs and ball bearings. Happily, I eventually got it fixed and (more or less) put back together and now it works wonderfully. But still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Upon further reading and the Scheider leaflet in the box: M39 with 1/26" thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    39mm 1/26" is LTM (Leica thread mount). Much more likely/common than 37mm.

You'll probably find the lens board (with the thread in it) is removable; the intention is that you can quick-change your lenses without need to unscrew them. If so, you might be better off making a new lensboard with the appropriate thread in it, or just a hole that allows you to put an LTM nut on the back. You can also make the board a bit recessed to prevent the shutter-interference problem. I'd be horribly surprised if there aren't existing lensboards on the market for that enlarger and the standard LTM mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Without the aid of a photograph I'll describe:

This is made from reinforced plastic, a moulded unit where one can definitely not change the 'lensboard' which has the Rodenstock plastic thread (LTM 1/26" as polyglot says). The bellows are attached to this unit and if I could just find a simple LTM 1/26" M39 coupler I'd be happy. The elctronic shutter mechanism is also an integral part of this so I'm sure you understand making a board is not an option.

I found an extension tube in California, many miles away!

Maybe I could glue a MDF board to the underside and screw in a female LTM mount? All this is going to take ages but I am fed up trawling Ebay (ever get sick of it?) Even if I found another enlarger this could be frought with problems also. You mean an LTM locking nut? I'd prefer an LTM female socket if there is such a thing.

I may try and get it to work as what else am I going to do with it!

One day I'd like to have a serious setup in a dedicated room then that makes the photography all the more fun!

Oh dear dear I am desperate to see what i photographed on Saturday. I was trying to really put the theory into practice with Ilford Delta 100, red filter 25 and a Y2K. All taken in a beautiful forest and river here. I also experimented with my new 200mm prime with the filters on it.

I have a Calumet shop 2 miles away, maybe I should have a yarn but they never seem interested in helping unless you are spending 1000's. Whatever happened to those local shops where the man knew everything and had exactly what you needed? Ah online shopping is to blame!

Shooter
    35mm
    A picture says a 1000 words so:

Here are 4 photos on the 'lensboard' on a Paterson PCS 1000 Enlarger

Note the washer that fell out of somewhere

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IGP8626.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	78222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IGP8625.jpg 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	78223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IGP8624.jpg 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	78225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IGP8629.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	78226

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK. If you can't get a cheap extension tube, a simple option would be to screw a thin sheet of plastic to the underside of the lensboard and then glue the appropriate mount into that sheet. If your lens has a nut on it, glue the nut onto the back of the plastic sheet and then you can just screw the lens in.

You need to be careful enlarging 35mm since the lens-to-film distance isn't very large so you don't want to extend the lens too far downwards otherwise you may lose the ability to make very large prints.

I think it would be easier/cheaper to find a more common and (probably) more sturdy enlarger than this one. Something with a tungsten+dichroic head, made of metal and with standard lens mounts will serve you better in the long term.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks polyglot,

I seen this 6mm LTM extension tube on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LTM-fit-L3...item35ce474648

However it is not cheap!

Yes I was aware of the lens-to-film distance and the 6mm tube above would hardly affect this much and the rear Componon-S element recesses back around the same amount. However this is not proven to avoid the shutter and I may be left with more expensive stuff I don't need!

The Componon-S does screw in (just!) and it stays there, the problem is the rear element protruding into the shutter.

Another enlarger? I have seen an available (yes this seller uses a postal service! Whey Hey!) Philips PCS2000 tri one enlarger with 'anti newton glass' on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-PC...item4acc2be4fb

I'm not sure the Componon screws into this. Nor do the Ilford Multigrade Filters fit to it but I don't think it needs it for monochrome.

The seller seems to know his stuff so maybe I should ask him.

Opinions on this enlarger?

I suppose I could sell this one and the multigrade filters I bought. There were quite a few bids on both items so they must be in demand and I have cleaned the enlarger up.

Cheers

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin