Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,706   Posts: 1,482,838   Online: 1006

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you have no power for a safelight, use a battery powered one. A good option is a red cycle light. It should be safe straight off - do a safelight test just to check.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got about 4 rear cycle lights and a red mode on a Petzl hiking headlight.

As you say Rusty test them first!

Good thinking!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Plustek is nice, I borrowed one a while back. I use the v600 because I shoot mostly 120.

And good luck making your darkroom - you can make just about anything work and it sounds like you have both ideas and skills. My darkroom has a water leak in the ceiling. I just work around it. As for electric, until I put an outlet in, I ran an extension cord under the door -- I have floor to ceiling black-out curtains between my workspace and the door, and just tucked a black towel over the small crack where the cord came in. Not pretty, but it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the flattery rubyfalls only joking!

Well I just bought an aparently mint Schneider Companon-S 50mm f2.8 enlarger lens and I'm almost ready to go.

I just have to get some fresh paper developer and hopefully the 1996 photographic paper is OK but I'll know when I try it/test it.

I was thinking of trying a powder developer like Kodak Dektol or should I stick to Ilford?

I'd like something that will keep a good while and not 3 months after opening as I may not get much printing done in the near future.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you want the long-term keeping, Multigrade will be a better option. It keeps for a few years as concentrate and will last for a session once diluted.

Dektol will keep forever as powder, but once you mix it up to a stock solution, it is meant to last only a couple months. You then dilute the stock to get the working solution, which lasts a session or so. However, I suspect that by keeping the stock solution in a mylar bag-in-box, you might make it last a year or more.

Shooter
    35mm

Schneider Componon does not fit enlarger

I received my Componon in great nick...

However despite it having 37mm thread like the one that does fit, the threads on the Componon are recessed back from the surface and can't grip the female enlarger threads.

Even if I push it in place, a 2nd problem pops up... The Componon inner element protrudes through the enlarger and stops the shutter working as it is where the shutter is.

So I figured I need a shallow 37mm extension type tube. I only need about 5-6mm for the extension tube to screw in then the Componon can screw into it.

I am looking on the internet to see if there is anything out there that can make this work without having to go to a custom machine shop (and this isn't feasible anyway just to get this enlarger going).

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a feeling that Philips enlarger is a bit of an unusual and difficult beast.

Why not start again with something a bit more "normal".

Bargains about e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Darkroom-E...item27dbcce8e6

but I guess this will be gone soon!

Shooter
    35mm
    £5 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I would need to get on a plane to collect it.

I have found a few 37mm adpaters which may work if I can get a comprehensive spec and technical drawing for it.

I'm not beat yet and I'm not even going to try and find another enlarger that comes by post. None are available here for collection and never are.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I'm sorted if I can find this on the other side of Planet Earth

http://www.discountcameras.com.au/vi...return_id=1081

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could it be that you need a different mount? I'm not familiar with your enlarger, but mine (Durst m600) requires different mounts/lens boards/whatever one calls them for different length lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin