Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,386   Online: 980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I'm sure someone will want to tell me I'd be better off using D76.
    And here I am. Have you thought about using a local processing facility. Why take photographs if you don't want them to come out?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    +1 for Fototechnik Suvatlar, the guy running the show is very helpful and will even try to locate special compounds for you that are not on his price list (assuming it is legal to sell them, of course).

Another venue would be to get a cheap pH meter, which should help you to get your developer at least into the ball park. Whenever you try a new developer, lower pH until it produces no fog on unexposed test clips, then record that pH and maintain it whenever you mix a new batch of developer. This way you can eliminate most inconsistencies, especially with mixtures that rely on exact proportions of unstable compounds like NaOH.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin