Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,696   Online: 1107

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well there's also TXP at 320. Close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think there are four

TMX
    TMY
    HP5
    Delta 400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TMX is not ISO 400. It's not even 200. It's rated at 100 and many people think closer to 80.

And I think you missed the part where we were talking about sheet film. Delta 400 is not available in sheets. It used to be - I still have some from the 90s frozen though I haven't tried it to see how well it has kept. IF Kodak were to cancel TMY-2 then Ilford might reconsider making Delta 400 in sheets.

If they'd make XP2 Super in sheets like they used to make XP2 many of us would LOVE that, and there'd be another 400 speed sheet film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Roger, I've head those assertions that some particular film is "actually 25% of published speed on the box". Always had a hart time swallowing that Kodak, especially; would print something on the box that differed drastically from actuality. After having a few shutter repairs and checks under my belt, I've re-learned practically 40 years in photography. Now I know that shutters on the larger cameras are usually 400 miles off in accuracy. On top of that, fooling around with Xray film, those guys are getting these crazy blinding-fast film speeds on the LF forum has turned me into a total skeptic. I've learned better, thanks to a lot of you guys here. And the moral of the story is to find out what your shutter speeds really are, and then, we'll see. Me, I say: Kodak says it's thus and so, it usually is. They made history for more than a hundred years as one of the worlds leading companies in the annals of laboratory accuracy. More so than even Dow, 3M, I venture to say. Just my take on the film speed discussion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Roger. I meant Tri X, not TMX.

And I did not realize that Delta 400 was no longer available in sheet film.

Edited the post.

Getting a bit thin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In Tri-X only TXP is available in sheets, not TXT and TXP is 320 not 400. As I said, close though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use 320TXP in 4x5 instead of the faster Fomapans. HP5 would also be good.

I shoot TMY2 too, but usually when I want a higher (800+) EI.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    In Tri-X only TXP is available in sheets, not TXT and TXP is 320 not 400. As I said, close though.
    Yeah, but I am pretty sure the shutter in my old Auto RB Graflex is probably off by at least a 1/3 stop so I am probably shooting it at 400 anyway.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Roger, I've head those assertions that some particular film is "actually 25% of published speed on the box". Always had a hart time swallowing that Kodak, especially; would print something on the box that differed drastically from actuality. After having a few shutter repairs and checks under my belt, I've re-learned practically 40 years in photography. Now I know that shutters on the larger cameras are usually 400 miles off in accuracy. On top of that, fooling around with Xray film, those guys are getting these crazy blinding-fast film speeds on the LF forum has turned me into a total skeptic. I've learned better, thanks to a lot of you guys here. And the moral of the story is to find out what your shutter speeds really are, and then, we'll see. Me, I say: Kodak says it's thus and so, it usually is. They made history for more than a hundred years as one of the worlds leading companies in the annals of laboratory accuracy. More so than even Dow, 3M, I venture to say. Just my take on the film speed discussion.
    TMX is TMax 100. Calling it ISO80 (or EI 80 if you prefer) is hardly "actually 25% of published speed on the box". I don't think anyone is saying that TMY is 100 or 80.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I received my order today. Good service from MacoDirect !

With in total now 6 boxes of each 50 sheet of 4x5 Fomapan 400 , I think I'm good for some time, the more that I also shoot 5x7 and 8x10.
    My fridge is nearly full now

Stefan.

Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    I just ordered 5 boxes of 50 sheets foma 400 4x5 from macodirect in Germany.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin