Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,934   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

4x5 EDU Aristra 400 / Foma 400 users ..what are you using now?

Well I finally got the developing time down, the ISO for my camera with developing manner, for this 4x5 sheet film, and nuts.. no longer manufactured. Had quiet a bit of it, and suddenly when reordering found out discontinued, no longer manufactured.
    So...
    Any suggestions..
    What was so wonderful about it, it was inexpensive!
    Those who used it, where have ya gone... what are you using now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think hp5 is going to disappear any time soon.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    I think you actually mean that your dealer has stopped stocking the film?

It is a current product and available all over the place, in Europe at least, in just about any size up to 10x8" and bigger by special order.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    TMY400 is great stuff. Not cheap to buy, but probably cheaper to use because it's more versatile, and also close to true 400 speed. If you
    want cheap 4x5, then just shoot 8x10 for awhile - after that, all 4x5 film will seem cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    And if you worry about the cost of 10x8" black and white, have the bright idea to try some Portra in your big foamboard pinhole camera . . . I dropped that idea rather quickly, unfortunately!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

4x5 EDU Aristra 400 / Foma 400 users ..what are you using now?

Quote Originally Posted by peter k. View Post
    Well I finally got the developing time down, the ISO for my camera with developing manner, for this 4x5 sheet film, and nuts.. no longer manufactured. Had quiet a bit of it, and suddenly when reordering found out discontinued, no longer manufactured.
    So...
    Any suggestions..
    What was so wonderful about it, it was inexpensive!
    Those who used it, where have ya gone... what are you using now?
    Freestyle still sells it in 8x10. Why not just buy that and cut it. The 50 sheet box for $144 will give you 200 sheets once cut.

If your just after cheep film then buy X-ray film. You can buy 100 sheets 8x10 of X-ray film for $30-35. That would give you 400 sheets once cut down to 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Am I missing something? Freestyle shows that they still have Arista EDU 400 in stock.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Am I missing something? Freestyle shows that they still have Arista EDU 400 in stock.
    Not in the 4x5 size they don't. It is not even listed on the website. They have Arista EDU 400 in 5x7 and 8x10 but not in 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Check again... nope.. discontinued... that's my supplier.. ;-)

Were in Us... notice on e-bay.. can get fresh Foma 400 for something like $63.00 ,, from overseas not so inexpensive.

The 8x10.. was thought of, but I cut the 4x5 for an 'orphan' 3,25 x 4,25 soo.. I'm set up fer that.. sigh..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peter k. View Post
    Check again... nope.. discontinued... that's my supplier.. ;-)

Were in Us... notice on e-bay.. can get fresh Foma 400 for something like $63.00 ,, from overseas not so inexpensive.

The 8x10.. was thought of, but I cut the 4x5 for an 'orphan' 3,25 x 4,25 soo.. I'm set up fer that.. sigh..
    Sorry, should have looked closer.

I use this in 35mm but have stayed with Ilford for my large format. When one frame costs this much I really want to be confident in the quality so the slight additional cost doesn't cause me too much concern. BHPhoto and Adorama have pretty good prices on their Ilford stock. Besides, I am pretty confident they will be around for the long term.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin