Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,477   Online: 959

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you kindly for the advice everybody! Appreciated! Will have to try the tray method as Ian suggested. I don't have either ID-11 or D76. Well actually, I think I have D76 but I'm not touching a whole pack just for one film. I do have HC-110, XTOL and Ilford DD-X handy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Jarvman,

Please see Ian Grants post, he is spot on : ID11/D76 12 mins : We occasionally get films sent to us and this is the standard that we would use.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mystery Film to develop

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    Thank you kindly for the advice everybody! Appreciated! Will have to try the tray method as Ian suggested. I don't have either ID-11 or D76. Well actually, I think I have D76 but I'm not touching a whole pack just for one film. I do have HC-110, XTOL and Ilford DD-X handy.
    If you don't have D76 available, Xtol yields very low fog. Use stock developer. I would try 10 minutes at 68 F / 20 C.
    The key is to try to lift the exposed values above the accumulated fog, and few developers develop shadows like Xtol does.

More importantly - don't promise the film's owner anything results wise. There's always risk of unusable results from film this old, risk that is beyond your control.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    I would question if the film has been exposed yet? Notice the frame size on the roll and the masking tape. I think this information would only be printed on the unexposed end of the roll, Steven.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi jarvman ..

do you have any dektol or ansco130?

you might also consider 1:7 for about 8-9 minutes the same
    development method ian suggested, if you don't have d76/id11.

have fun solving your mystery !

john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Use the XTOL!

RR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snederhiser View Post
    Hello;
    I would question if the film has been exposed yet? Notice the frame size on the roll and the masking tape. I think this information would only be printed on the unexposed end of the roll, Steven.
    He will be able to tell in the darkroom or tent by unrolling the paper until he reaches the film. If it is attached with tape then it is unexposed, if it is free to flail about it is exposed. If he is going to measure it as suggested earlier he will ascertain any way whether it has been exposed or not. Personally with masking tape I'd guess it was exposed. The original would have had a paper tape round it.

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Jarvman,

Please see Ian Grants post, he is spot on : ID11/D76 12 mins : We occasionally get films sent to us and this is the standard that we would use.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    Cheers Simon. I wonder about development though, will 12 mins be alright if I'm sloshing it through a tray. Wouldn't that be the same as continual agitation? And yes, it says 'exposed' on the outer paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers Simon. I wonder about development though, will 12 mins be alright if I'm sloshing it through a tray. Wouldn't that be the same as continual agitation? And yes, it says 'exposed' on the outer paper.
    12 minutes will be fine it's not in the developer continuously and you see-saw it gently.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By 'see-saw' you mean holding it by either end and rocking it back and fore in and out of the tray yeah?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin