Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,977   Online: 886

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    For one pack, of course it does. Couriers from Europe to Australia ain't cheap until you start putting $500 of materials in the box.
    According to the Fotoimpex site they use the postal service, so I was hoping it would be somewhat reasonable. To post a box of 4x5 film from Australia to Germany would be $18, whereas 29 euro is about $42 AUD. If Freestyle have a reasonable price per box I should be able to get it sent FIMS for about $18 so I'll wait for that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    $18 will be unregistered for sure. Once you get all the right stickers on there, it would be over $30 I think.

I certainly plan to wait until Freestyle gets it in and then we'll probably do a group-buy to Adelaide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a link to the table in Howard Bond's article. This was the old version of TMax 400 (TMY), before it became TMY-2, but from what I understand, reciprocity between the two is virtually identical.

http://phototech.pairserver.com/wp-c...4/recipro6.jpg

At 2 minutes metered, TMY-2 needs 4 minutes - 1 stop.
    At 4 minutes metered, TMY-2 needs 9 minutes - 1.very little stops.

Very low slope of the reciprocity failure curve, for sure, and the two extra stops compared to Acros are nice to have, for sure.
    Last week I shot some night scenes, and Bond's data was right on the money.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmartins View Post
    Bruce, thank you for your nice take on reviewing this new film from Adox, and congratulations for some very fine articles in your blog. It was a nice discovery for me.
    My take here is just to complement your review with my own data for the sheet film version, in this case 4x5. This is densitometry (or sensitometry) data for my specific developing procedure (PyrocatHD 1.5:1:260), but it might be useful for someone else, specially because I include a short reciprocity test.
    So, in one of the figures you will see how the gradient changes for different durations of my developing: 12 min, 24 min, 36 min and 48 min. In another figure how the gradient changes for the same exposure but using different exposure times: 0.3 s, 2.4 s and 9.6 s, and developing time: 36 min. As you can see at least until 9.6 s there is no significant reciprocity failure - the gradient is essentially the same. I wanted to make further tests with longer exposures but have been under heavy workload...maybe next week.
    I don't like to compare density curves from different films but for a reference I can say that for the same developing conditions (36 min) the gradient of Adox CHS100II is lower than that of Fomapan 100, but not by a lot (0.58 vs. 0.64). This means that Adox is slightly less contrasty than Fomapan.
    Included is also a photograph I have taken with this sheet film and developed for 36 min. While there is some sky in the photo it really is very small and dark since I used an orange filter and thus cannot comment on its spectral response. Arguably it is one its greates strengths so I am curious to try portraits and open landscapes. This is a scanned negative, as I haven't had the time to print it, but I have not processed it digitally.
    I must say I enjoy this film a lot. Kudos to Adox!
    raul
    Attachment 75767Attachment 75768Attachment 75769
    Hi Raul,

Glad you've enjoyed my website and I hope you keep coming back. Your reciprocity test is very interesting. Wish I could do this technical stuff! I'm going to shoot some landscapes with the new CHS to see how its spectral response compares with Silvermax. I think Mirko of Adox would agree with you that this could well be one of the best reasons for using it.

For other contributors wondering about availability, Adox CHS 100 II can be bought in the UK from Ag Photographic in 35mm, 5x4 and 10x8. Not sure about elsewhere.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just as a cross reference, another thread exists for this film here...

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...d.php?t=107684

Figured I would connect both for the heck of it, different info on both.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Just as a cross reference, another thread exists for this film here...

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...d.php?t=107684

Figured I would connect both for the heck of it, different info on both.

Thanks for that. I've got some 5x4 CHS 100 II as well so your link was well timed!
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Robbins View Post
    Thanks for that. I've got some 5x4 CHS 100 II as well so your link was well timed!
    So did you read my comment/request to try pushing it to 400 in Rodinal?

I really want to see if I'm right about if having a sort of Neopan 400 look when pushed... Even just 1 sheet? Lol

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    =anyone here used the new Adox 100?? I have done some basic tests with the film. sorry that I' m too lame to post some pix but heck everyone needs to do their own testing. the film has incredible tonality. seems to have no defects that I can see. prints quite beautifully. downside is the the price. they are really whamming it to us at $50+- per box for 25 sheets. I'm going use up my current stash of film first before I can support this. I still feel that TMY is THE best overall film ever made and will use it until it's not available anymore. for the rest of you out there what are you waiting for..go use the film!!
    best, peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=2203

The type I was cheaper... donno why they have upped the cost.

Shooter
    35mm
    Because:
    1. It isn't made by Fotokemica / Efke

2. It is a higher quality film with much better controls in place

3. It is made in Germany and so incurs higher costs than Type I which was made in Croatia

4. R&D has to be paid for a film that only took a bit more than year from concept to production

5. And it is probably produced in smaller batches due to the market shrinking.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin