Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,684   Online: 857

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

First look at the new Adox CHS 100 II - print and neg scans

I've shot my first roll of the new stuff and written up my impressions, along with some sample pics. Bottom line? It's lovely stuff. I'm hoping to do a comparison test with Silvermax in the near future. Please check it out here:

http://www.theonlinedarkroom.com/201...hs-100-ii.html
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Bruce, nice review. Can you please comment on the polyester base. Is there any light-piping present? Is it any more difficult to load on the reels? Thanks!

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the review seems like an interesting film

Also do you know if Adox CHS 100 II is a product made by Foto Impex/Mirko/Adox or a relabeled film from some other manufacturer like Agfa-Gevaert or Ilford. The label Made in Germany is worthless as any product packaged in Germany and receiving added value in Germany can be labeled made in Germany despite being manufactured in China.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Made in Germany by Foto Impex/Mirko/Adox.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a very useful review, thanks! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new film (and I think I still have some sheets of the old Efke 100, so I can try to do apples-to-apples comparisons). I'm also very glad to have been introduced to the word "dreich", which I don't think we have over here, but which I would have had a lot of use for when I lived in Oregon!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Thank you Bruce, nice review. Can you please comment on the polyester base. Is there any light-piping present? Is it any more difficult to load on the reels? Thanks!
    Thanks, Miha. The film loaded OK onto my Paterson tank but there was a bit more resistance than normal. Not too bad, though. The only light piping was between two frames - see the "contact sheet", frames 50 and 52. I didn't see it anywhere else.
    The Online Darkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    I'm also very glad to have been introduced to the word "dreich", which I don't think we have over here, but which I would have had a lot of use for when I lived in Oregon.
    Pleasure, Nathan. Sorry I can't suggest something for San Diego. We have ony one phrase over here for sun - "What the hell was that?"
    The Online Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any info on the reciprocity characteristics?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Michael,

Reciprocity characteristics look excellent. I haven't done any testing but I reckon this could be the next best thing to Acros. Maybe a half stop at 1 to a few seconds and a stop at ten seconds. Don't take my word for it, though, as I (stupidly) wasn't taking notes.
    The Online Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks...that sounds promising. I'd love to see the manufacturer's reciprocity information. Do you know if there's a data sheet? I found no information on the Adox website.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin