Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,040   Online: 988

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowframe View Post
    Teamwork, but thats not the issue here. This kind of comments make me realize that there is something wrong with the world. Do you know what meat is? They do not produce it behind the counter. These are free ranging moose that has lived a full life in freedom totally devoid of antibiotics and medicines, hormones, slaughterhouses and other man made obstacles. It´s the only meat I eat.
    I've a friend at work who grew up in Romania, and he has commented that no where but the U.S. has he ever seen such a disconnect between the source and table. I feel this applies to non-animal food as well, as I surprise people with the quality of produce that comes from local growers. I try explaining to people how most tomatoes are not ripe when picked, and merely changed color (with help) but do not ripen before they buy them. Also, most produce from the large grocers has been bred to increase yield and ease harvest - which robs flavor and nutrition.

My uncle hunts and will get a deer most seasons, and it is quite good. I doubt I could hunt, but I've nothing against it. I prefer food-animals that are "free range," so-to-speak. When I was a kid my uncle explained one scenario where they thought they only wounded a deer and had quite some trouble tracking it. I think many non-hunters either believe every kill is instant, or that hunters leave a plethora of wounded but living animals in their wake. Many don't realize there is a great deal of responsibility involved for the vast majority of hunters.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    I guess there is something to be said for growing your food, and hunting animals that you actually eat, as opposed to buying a chop off a cow that lived an awful painful life in small cage only to be zapped to death.

However, I dont eat meat, and i dont understand why one needs to kill an animal that so gracefully escaped all the man made terrors in this world, and you are correct, there is something wrong in the world, where it is a "sport" to hunt an animal with a high powered rifle and a long range scope. That moose just had it coming.
    Plants also FEEL pain and die when you ingest them.

Seriously, plants do feel pain. So the argument about poor animals, I don't eat them, doesn't really fly if you're logical about it and know the facts.

Secondly, do you own a leather belt, leather shoe or dress shoe with a leather sole, leather seated couch or car seat, old sewing machine or lawn mower with leather belt, cozy suede slippers with lamb skin inside... Etc etc...

I too think it's terrible the way we keep animals in tight quarters and would prefer free range, but to not eat animals for "humanitarian" reasons is assanine. If you believe it's healthier to be vegan, then that's your perspective and option on and choice to do so (and it can be, depends on your genetic background whether your body works better on one or another food groups.

I also don't think it's good as a "sport" if you're able to buy meat at a store, but who's worse, the super market shopper who buys meat from a poor animal who was stuck in a dirty pen all it's life, or one who went out and killed their own meat from an animal who had a real life?

Just something to ponder.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good lord.

When I was a boy, I lived on a farm and had a character flaw where I had trouble killing. My father loved hunting. I also loved hunting, everything about it, but just didn't like seeing animals die. I didn't like chopping heads off chickens or rabbits for dinner, either. I found that i was eating game because I killed it, not killing it so I could eat it. So I quit hunting.

Leave this guy alone. He hunts to eat, for christ's sake! It's an honorable way to live.
    Last edited by pbromaghin; 10-19-2013 at 12:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Secondly, do you own a leather belt, leather shoe or dress shoe with a leather sole, leather seated couch or car seat, old sewing machine or lawn mower with leather belt, cozy suede slippers with lamb skin inside... Etc etc...
    No.

depends on your genetic background whether your body works better on one or another food groups
    What???

I also don't think it's good as a "sport" if you're able to buy meat at a store, but who's worse, the super market shopper who buys meat from a poor animal who was stuck in a dirty pen all it's life, or one who went out and killed their own meat from an animal who had a real life?
    The one who does not buy or eat any meat is obviously better, that way, at the very least, there is nothing to ponder on.
    No animals in pens, and no animals who are not in pens get murdered. After all the most dangerous game is a human.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Haven't we moved from the lab to the lounge here?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    20 rolls... Please report back periodically as you figure it out. It looks like a really cool film and trying it will have to go on my list of things to do.
    I´ll do that. Hopefully this film will give me the same sensation I get by looking at my grandparents pictures

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    I've a friend at work who grew up in Romania, and he has commented that no where but the U.S. has he ever seen such a disconnect between the source and table. I feel this applies to non-animal food as well, as I surprise people with the quality of produce that comes from local growers. I try explaining to people how most tomatoes are not ripe when picked, and merely changed color (with help) but do not ripen before they buy them. Also, most produce from the large grocers has been bred to increase yield and ease harvest - which robs flavor and nutrition.

My uncle hunts and will get a deer most seasons, and it is quite good. I doubt I could hunt, but I've nothing against it. I prefer food-animals that are "free range," so-to-speak. When I was a kid my uncle explained one scenario where they thought they only wounded a deer and had quite some trouble tracking it. I think many non-hunters either believe every kill is instant, or that hunters leave a plethora of wounded but living animals in their wake. Many don't realize there is a great deal of responsibility involved for the vast majority of hunters.
    I track wounded deer and moose on a weekly basis with my special trained dogs in order to prevent unnecessary suffering. Hunting season last only for a couple of months, but trains and cars keep me busy all year round.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I wish to apologise to the OP for side-tracking this thread into the ethics of animal welfare.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post

What????

The one who does not buy or eat any meat is obviously better, that way, at the very least, there is nothing to ponder on.
    No animals in pens, and no animals who are not in pens get murdered. After all the most dangerous game is a human.
    Genetic background...

Certain cultural backgrounds (through generations of eating a certain food) have genetically evolved to handle certain foods differently than other cultural backgrounds.

For example those of African decent react to breads and processed foods very poorly (more than other cultures) because their naturally available food groups in Africa were many types of fruits and meat, but no grain whatsoever (I'm simplifying).

But Asians have lots of rice in their diet, so they can absorb it and not gain excess weight. (Again, over-simplifying).

That's what I meant. You may live well as a vegan/RAW foodie, but I would wither away.

Second: I agree with you, if you're doing neither, then your impact on animals is nil (except supplying chemistry to us fools who some of which don't dispose properly contaminating the environment in which the animals (including people) live).

Third TO THE OP...

I think I like the swirls and the blown out highlights . But I know nothing of this film, however I would suggest LESS agitation, one very gentile full rotation (upside-down) every 1 minute. I know it seems counter intuitive but try it. And agreed make sure you fix that film a while 7-10 minutes with agitation every minute. And re-fix the old stuff, if it is a fixing problem the film will turn black permanently and be unusable if you don't re-fix it soon.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    please try to refix. the highlights look underfixed to me.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin