Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,212   Online: 865

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everybody hit the floor, THis is a threadjack!

I have landed in Hell or been to Hell and have even seen it snow in Hell. Moose are a common as deer in Texas and if you hit a deer at night it does a lot of damage. I cannot imagine the issues they have in Norway with the overpopulation of mooses. BTW, the reindeer is also very good eating!

Back to your regular program.

David

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TXFZ1 View Post

I have landed in Hell or been to Hell and have even seen it snow in Hell. Moose are a common as deer in Texas and if you hit a deer at night it does a lot of damage. I cannot imagine the issues they have in Norway with the overpopulation of mooses. BTW, the reindeer is also very good eating!

David
    Yea, actually in CT they limited the hunting and now there is an overpopulation with now food they are starving and wandering into the highway getting hit every day, so now non-hunters from the state have to go in and shoot the deer to cut down the numbers as a "humane" way to keep them from suffering from starvation... So who's worse the hunters, the "herd thinners", or the people who want them to starve and be hit by cars because they don't want deer to be hunted? ...

Still wondering what the op has done with the film, if they were able to fix it further.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another off topic post, sorry. We as film users cannot condemn killing animals or we would be hypocrites. Remember what gelatin is....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

David
    You mean to say that the moose are having issues with the over population of humans... After all no one asked any of those texan deers if they minded that humans will be building a highway through their back yard...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    You mean to say that the moose are having issues with the over population of humans... After all no one asked any of those texan deers if they minded that humans will be building a highway through their back yard...
    Well humans do have a hand in it (as does any population of animal that gets larger than the balance should normally be) but it's actually the Predators that are missing (for deer it's coyote type animals which are dwindling) so hunting helps balance the lack of those predators to even the balance again.

Anyway... OP help us get on target! Lol

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I wish to apologise to the OP for side-tracking this thread into the ethics of animal welfare.
    WOW! Clive, this might be the best post ever. You are actually apologizing for threadjacking. My respect for you has skyrocketed.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowframe View Post
    I track wounded deer and moose on a weekly basis with my special trained dogs in order to prevent unnecessary suffering. Hunting season last only for a couple of months, but trains and cars keep me busy all year round.
    Interesting that you do this as a humane practice. Using dogs would be illegal in most of the US as an unfair advantage.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post

Exactly, the only issue is it's illegal to hunt humans but if someone wanted to reduce the numbers themselves...nope, still illegal!

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Exactly, the only issue is it's illegal to hunt humans but if someone wanted to reduce the numbers themselves...nope, still illegal!

David
    Not true. The government can put you in a uniform and hand you a rifle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have done some further research with this film and it seem promising so far. Agitation for the first five minutes of development, then thirty seconds every minute for 14 minutes. 7 minutes fixing. Did some curve adjustments after digitalizing with D800E and used an orange filter during photographing. Portrait 1 sec shutter speed, hence the not tac sharpness. My other camera forgotten a couple of nights out in the forest. The leaf is a multi exposure. Conclusion: I like it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0316.jpg   DSC_0323.jpg   DSC_0327.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin