Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,776   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Wine/Plastic Pouches for Liquid Chemicals?

How are these for holding developers, etc?
    https://www.sorbentsystems.com/spoutpak.html
    Are there any other suppliers?

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    They are fine. Where are you?,U.S. Australia, U.K, or mainland Europe? A sensible answer to stockists depends on this

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just go buy some cheap box a wine, dump the wine (if you are a wine snob like me) and then re-fill the bag after a very very good wash. i bought a 5 liter box at bevmo for $10. have stored xtol for almost a year in it and it is still perfectly good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just buy or get from a friend/relative a wine pouch with a faucet. Remove faucet (the hard part). Clean. Make a note of the empty weight. Fill with photo chemical; ensure no (or littel) trapped air; put back faucet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can buy those bags for $3/each at my local wine maker's supply... I may need to do that for my next batch of D76. That would be much easier to pour from than my accordion-jug... I'd still need to mix it in the jug though, I can't imagine stirring in a bag would be easy...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have access to similar, but clear bags. How important is it that they are opaque?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use wine bladders. Take a look here.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/9...container.html
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Platypus bottles from Cascade Designs for years: supposedly their nylon/PE bottles are oxygen proof; not sure about the PE-only bottles. Since they were originally designed for hiking, they may be more sturdy than bottles meant to stay in a box; I've yet to have a leak and some of mine are over ten years old. However, they have a new model that contains a "silver-ion based anti-microbial" which could be problematic.

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platyp...orage/category

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Opaque (or not) is not important, light isn't a problem for most developers. Plus, they are in a dark room, right?

I've heard that Starbuck's coffee bags (brewed coffee) have a mylar coating, which might be beneficial, but it's not something I've verified or tried.

Finally, another supplier is US Plastics ("Cubetainers")

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use wine bladders for my xtol that I bought at a wine making store. They were not very expensive. It shouldn't matter if the bag is clear or opaque, but I do store mine inside a dark basement and covered with a black plastic trash bag.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin