Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,444   Online: 1009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I DID IT!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    My first print in my Grandfather's darkroom ( with a lot of help ) was of a shot I took on a camera he leant me ( KODAK Retinette ) of a mirror class dinghy on Lake Windermere in 1969...I still have the print, the neg, the camera and most importantly...the passion, I still love printing.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    Might you consider posting a representative scan in the APUG Standard Gallery?

Could be kind of fun, might inspire a few others to try it themselves, and surely couldn't be any worse than what the rest of us routinely post...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 10-21-2013 at 01:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Little bit more...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations!

There's something special about that first roll of film coming out of the tank and WOW THERE ARE IMAGES ON IT! IT WORKED!!

Then you get to do it all over again with your first print. Expose, dunk it in the developer...hey, I think I see something...WHOA! YEAH! I MADE A PHOTOGRAPH!!

My first ever print was bloody awful. Completely misread the test strip. Underexposed horribly. It will never go in a frame on the wall, but I do plan to keep it around because, well, it was my first ever print. It means something to me.

Film photography and the darkroom: Fun, fulfilling and addictive!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes-you just have to stick at it and keep going
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin