Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,682   Online: 1226

Shooter
    35mm

dev time Tmax 100

TMax 100 Film and TMax developer (not RS) and I plan to make a dilution 1:7 for economical reasons instead of 1:4. The Kodak chart shows the time 9 min for 24 degrees Celsius with 1:4 dilution, nothing else. How about 22 degrees C instead of 24 C, any knowledge and experience? The 22 degrees is normal for room temperature and thus easier to keep than the 24 degrees.

Images
    Good Morning, Veke,

1:7 is my standard dilution for the T-100/T-Max developer combination. I use the standard 68 degrees F/20 degrees C temperature; 10 minutes is my "normal" developing time.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Good morning to you also, Konical. I will test that immediately, perhaps 21 degrees is the case in my darkroom meaning....9 minutes. i will give a report after a couple of hours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford has a a time/temp printable table on their site.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    now the quick report as I promised. Time 9 minutes seems pretty accurate, as the films are dripping wet and hanging for some hours I wouldn´t change the development time. If I would it would be an increase of say 20 seconds. So, 21 degrees C and 9 minutes is good but you may use 9 minutes 20 seconds depending on your taste. Thanks Konical, your recommendation works out beautifully, at least for my taste.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    how about a proper film test and getting out of trial and error?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    how about a proper film test and getting out of trial and error?
    Ralph, how would you recommend such a test be structured?
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin