Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,165   Posts: 1,658,509   Online: 739

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi rhodes

while i am a big fan of using old paper, keep in mind as photo paper ages
    it can lose contrast and activity and not be very good for some situations.
    while you have armloads of old paper, since you are starting out ...
    you might get some FRESH / NEW photo paper so contrast and inactivity won't be an issue
    it will make life much easier on you if you aren't stressed about .. " is the print grey because of my paper, my developer my filtration ..
    or because it is OLDE "

have fun !
    john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ILFOBROM is indeed FB paper but over 30 years old and is sadly unlikely to be any good, but do give it a go just to make sure.

If its ILFOBROM Galerie Paper then it is likely to be much younger and usable and actually the best paper we make ( IMHO ) but it is graded paper not variable contrast.

Since you are a new printer PM me your home address and I will send you the ILFORD Multigrade Printing Guide FOC it should save a few sheets !

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, new paper is going to be bought. But at least I have old one to practice and do experiments on it and save money. Even if the result is completely bad.

@Simon, when was the last time Ilfobrom was available? I ask just for curiosity and do to thinking that the paper was purchased during the 90's. The box only says the brand (Ilfobrom), 3.24K, double carton^; semi-matt and the grade: 3!
    In curiosity, I also have a box of Kodak Bromesko grade 3, from the same place, that by the looks of the box is quite old and if the paper inside corresponds to the box, some one (possible the photographer) cut the paper in small pieces, almost 4x5, or one of the sizes below. Manage to get a contact print with this paper, very warm tone (very brown).
    About your proposal, do you send overseas? If so yes, of course!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin