Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,564   Online: 1281

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    No, the regular stuff. I normally tone the WT in highly dilute brown toner.

MGIV (not WT) will go too purple for my tastes after about 5 minutes in KRST 1+19. I've argued this before. I'm tempted to start toning a bunch of small test strips to send people who dont believe me. A couple of points though:

1. I seem to be VERY sensitive to changes in tone in B&W prints and see differences others don't or say they don't.

2. I develop in LPD 1+2 for 3 minutes, fix in film strength rapid fixer without hardner for one minute. This might have sonething to do with it.

But this is about MCC 110 which responds less than MGIV, or at least the batches I have do.
    I agree with you as I see the sam changes.for me MGIV IS JUST ABOUT PERFECT FOR selenium and sulphide toning;slight changes without being over whelming.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    slight changes without being over whelming
    Well that´s what we would claim for MCC as well ans has been observed by the topic starter.
    No one has comented on sulfur toning and MCC before.
    MCC ofcourse responds more strongly to any kind of sulfur toning just like any other paper would.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't tried that since I mainly use those on warm tone papers. But MCC is slightly warm of neutral. I'll give it a try!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I received a box of MCC110 5x7" 100 sheets this morning from Fotoimpex in Germany. Box is white but label is black with just border in red. Emulsion number but no production date at least as advertised on Adox website. Can somebody tell me about production date of that one ? See pictures below.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adox1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	76412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adox2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	76413

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That confusion should not have happened if Adox had added just a note on a sheet of paper put into the box after changing the emulsions. With processing chemicals one is always advised to follow the latest instructions delivered with the package.
    Why not the same with photographic paper?

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by payral View Post
    Can somebody tell me about production date of that one ?
    Fotoimpex?
    Last edited by ath; 11-05-2013 at 04:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This summer I received two boxes of 9 1/2 X 12 inch paper with the identical emulsion number but completed with the caracters P-02-13 . I suppose that means february 2013. My boxes were red with black labels but I think white boxes are used for some sizes as long as they have them in storage. My papers were of the new and restored quality which means excelent.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can somebody tell me about production date of that one ?
    Jan. 31st 2013 made from the new coating with less hardener in.

This is from the intermediate productions where we just started printing manufacturing dates on MCC paper.
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 11-10-2013 at 12:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...put into the box after changing the emulsions
    There was no change in emulsion.
    We added a tiny bit less hardener to the protective layer in order to pull even with our competition.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I call this a change of emulsion. Especially if the effect would be substantial concerning ferrotyping.

Or with other words, it is not importing how one calls it as long there is care taken that the user will not get into difficulties by surprise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin