Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,686   Posts: 1,548,611   Online: 1337

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    I've never seen any change in MGIV and it frustrates me as I'd like to have a slight change such as Oriental papers... Slightly bluish. I otherwise really like Ilford's offerings.
    You must have an extremely sharp eye to notice a change.
    Try MGIV in Kodak rapid selenium at 1:9, or even 1:5 or 1:3 ( make sure you have good ventilation). You should notice a difference within minutes. The greenish cast with be removed. I normally tone 1:9 for 6-8 minutes and it's a beautiful charcoal cold tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found this to be an interesting discussion. A pity though that graded papers such as Ilford Galerie are overlooked these days.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    I found this to be an interesting discussion. A pity though that graded papers such as Ilford Galerie are overlooked these days.
    I quite agree ! If you have negatives that match paper grades 2 and 3 ( thats what is available in Galerie ) and don't need to do split filter Printing , then ILFORD Galerie is the absolutely best paper on the market.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

YOU

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    There was no change in emulsion.
    We added a tiny bit less hardener to the protective layer in order to pull even with our competition.
    I am so glad that I finally found out the reason why I'd noticed the difference! Even though it's not really a change of emulsion,the characteristics,from a point of view of printer, isn't really same at all.However, the best thing to me is that I much prefer the new one. By the way,I was told that Fotoimpex had only new version of MCC in stock in any sizes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm contemplating ordering one box of 5x7 MCC 110 (not five ) and wonder if anyone has received either the 25-sheet

or 100-sheet

boxes from Freestyle lately. If so, was it "new" or "original?" I'm suspicious that the smaller box is old stock since it's priced at less than 1/4 of the larger one!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin