Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 759

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jobo Multi tanks and Expert tanks are easily obtainable. DIY roller bases are easy to make. Fair bit out there on Google.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JOBO # 2590n is very much in production: http://www.jobo.com/System-Tanks-2500.853.0.html it takes 6 sheets at once.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm amazed it took 3 pages for someone to mention the Jobo 2590n. That's like the go-to tank for multi-sheet daylight processing of 4x5 film, used with or without the corresponding motorized processor. If you can get one with the loader base, its pretty awesome. On the flip side, if you've got hands that aren't freakishly small, they're easy enough to load up on their own. You just have to be patient with yourself. I've used them a number of times and haven't had a single issue.
    My real name is Patrick, not Joe. Long Story.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Which version of the Paterson tanks are you using?

I use the current Paterson Super System 4 tanks and regularly load them one night and actually develop the film a day or two later.

I have had one tank, however, where the red ring that is integral to the locking of the lid (not the cap) was loose at a couple of points. A small amount of strategically placed adhesive re-attached that red ring.
    I ordered the bundle, so my Mod54 came with a new Super System 4 tank. It locks. The red ring seems really tight. The lid is tight and hard to get on. As far as I can tell, everything is normal. My other Paterson tanks are System 4, so I haven't seen another Super System 4. Unfortunately, they're either too big or too small to use for 4x5. I've thought about getting another Mod54 so I can use the bigger tank, but I need a much larger changing bag if I'm going to load it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WetMogwai View Post
    I just remembered one processing problem I had with the Mod 54, but it wasn't the reel's fault. The Paterson tank isn't perfectly light tight, so it can have light leaks if you don't have the lid on. It can handle subdued light with the lid off. I use the safelight any time I have the lid off.
    I process in normal room light with no fogging issues. I use both the MOD54 (for 4x5) and the Yankee daylight tank (for 2.25x3.25). One of the things that I discovered about the MOD54 the first time I used it is that the tank is not light proof without using the Paterson center reel support inserted into the MOD54. Give that a test if you are not already doing so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WetMogwai View Post
    I just remembered one processing problem I had with the Mod 54, but it wasn't the reel's fault. The Paterson tank isn't perfectly light tight, so it can have light leaks if you don't have the lid on. It can handle subdued light with the lid off. I use the safelight any time I have the lid off.
    Are you sure you had the centre column of the Super System 4 tank in when you were using the MOD54, it does still need to be installed even with the MOD54, if so you either have a defective tank or have somehow misloaded it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgive me but what is a "FR tank"?

Also, the only thing I will ever use to soup 4x5 is a 3010 Expert Drum, anything else has been a waste of time and film for me. The 3010's are not cheap but neither was all the film I hosed with inferior methods, especially considering time, food and gas money.

At first I used the 3010 drum on a Beseler motor base. I was so happy with the results that I now use a Jobo CPP2 and have two 3010 drums. But that's just me, I need professional results, period.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6087604619_ecac19f20c.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	76595

FR Tank.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    MOD54 and Paterson tank is really the only IN PRODUCTION item.
    All Jobo 4X5 tanks are in production, and readily available.
    There are various used options for same or less $$ then MOD54, but none of the possible problems.

No need for a Jobo machine to use a Jobo drum.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Are you sure you had the centre column of the Super System 4 tank in when you were using the MOD54, it does still need to be installed even with the MOD54, if so you either have a defective tank or have somehow misloaded it.
    I am using the column. Maybe I should look into finding another tank. I guess that's a good idea anyway since I prefer the lid of the System 4 to the Super System 4. Looks like I have an excuse to visit the local camera stores today and I won't be confusing everyone by looking for something strange like I did last time!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin