Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,853   Online: 954

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recent EBay completed listings for Uniroller agitators are generally $35-55. Others have commented sufficiently on tanks.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Actually if you look at the Jobo 2520 with 2509n reel, you can do up to 6 sheets at a time, with a time proven industry standard tool, which you can get used for under 140$ or new for 169$.
    You can use the tank for inversion (though that is very un economical chemistry wise with 1250ml needed), or you can rotate it on any flat surface, with them minimum chemistry needed for 6 sheets being 270ml. That said, as you note, with BW you will need to calculate the correct min active material per sheet amount, which might be greater then 270ml.

I thought the minimum requirement for the orbital was 500ml, but 200ml is as good as any other solution.

Expert drums are more expensive, but for what they do - they are more then worth the extra cost.

I think the OP is looking for some readily available, and non expensive way to process 4X5 that will also yield proper results, (all options suggested in this thread are better then an FR tank, some more readily available then others), that said - the MOD54 and Jobo options have the most answers to the OP's initial questions.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm glad every time I ask a question I learn so much more than "buy this product!"

You all are great. Keep going!

The Patterson Orbital is hard (for me ) to find, also no something I'm really looking for.
    The "Jobo 2520 with 2509n reel" looks great!

Besides, if I was going to spend $3000, I'd just rather get the CPP3. It's basically the same type of system I used in high school.

Anyone know: FOTOIMPEX GmbH
    They sell the jobo systems.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mr. CatLABS himself is a Jobo dealer.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    CatLABS is the US distributor of Jobo analog products (www.jobo-usa.com)
    We also sell Jobo gear directly (www.catlabs.info)
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    I got mine from eBay. I simply saved a search for "Paterson Orbital" and when one came up bought it for about £140 (about $224). If you do want to use it for colour work then you simply go back to the 50ml and use the orbital base to agitate the films throughout the process. With normal (non-C41) B&W film the processor is used without the orbital base. It is used as a tray. It just happens to have a light baffled lid on it. 500ml makes a safety level to ensure the film is covered during stand and semi-stand development.

I noticed in your own store you are selling a second hand 20x24 drum on its own for $329 and your new 3006 drum is going for $499 plus shipping add in your foot pump at $65 and the Paterson Orbital is looking quite cost-effective and it is so much more versatile, especially when processing black and white.

RR
    Wow, £140 for an orbital, I bought two (separately) for less than that together and then paid a further £35 for a motorised base (never actually used it).

If I am processing Semi-stand I use an Orbital without base in a 10" x 12" tray with a water bath which is sat upon a 11" x 14" dish warmer to keep the temperature constant over the long processing times that ensue. I have found that 400ml is more than sufficient to cover 4x 4x5 or 2x 5x7. To agitate I lift one end of the Orbital slightly to rock it in the water bath.

Apart from the Jobo Expert tanks, sheet films processed in the Orbital are as good as they get, no scratches, streaks or other blemishes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Wow, £140 for an orbital, I bought two (separately) for less than that together and then paid a further £35 for a motorised base (never actually used it).

If I am processing Semi-stand I use an Orbital without base in a 10" x 12" tray with a water bath which is sat upon a 11" x 14" dish warmer to keep the temperature constant over the long processing times that ensue. I have found that 400ml is more than sufficient to cover 4x 4x5 or 2x 5x7. To agitate I lift one end of the Orbital slightly to rock it in the water bath.

Apart from the Jobo Expert tanks, sheet films processed in the Orbital are as good as they get, no scratches, streaks or other blemishes.
    Well done on the purchases! I suppose I was anxious to win the auction at the time because I had sheets waiting to be developed. My developer is so low cost, 500ml gives a nice safety margin for me. I wouldn't risk my films to any of the other methods now I have modified my Orbital. My agitation is a little bit like yours but I do it in groups of four left to right tilts and four back to front lifts. My motor base is like yours, unused...

RR

Shooter
    Large Format
    Tray man here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fink-Roselieve cut-film-pack developing tanks, man here... ;-)

They are adjustable for 4x5 film on down to medium format.
    It has a 'loading' sleeve, and at this time I have adjusted the film 'holders' to fit the 3.25 x 4.25 film I am using, and have to cut.

Life is good... been using them for years...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peter k. View Post
    Fink-Roselieve cut-film-pack developing tanks, man here... ;-)

They are adjustable for 4x5 film on down to medium format.
    It has a 'loading' sleeve, and at this time I have adjusted the film 'holders' to fit the 3.25 x 4.25 film I am using, and have to cut.

Life is good... been using them for years...
    You do realize that's not helpful to the OP since he wants something different from FR tanks right? Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin