Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,610   Online: 823

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jobo reels are in compatible with paterson tanks.

The minimum chemistry needed for the Jobo 2520 is 270ml for 6 sheets, 640ml for 12 sheets in the 2550.

(all Jobo tank capacities are here: http://jobo-usa.com/images/manuals/t...capacities.pdf).

Developing by hand does not necessarily mean inversion, tanks can be rotated on any flat surface, or in place on the inexpensive Jobo roller base #1509 if one need to or wants to save space.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You mean 2509n. Also you may want to change your page settings as this is page 1 for me (40 posts per page in my settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_joe6 View Post
    I'm amazed it took 3 pages for someone to mention the Jobo 2590n. That's like the go-to tank for multi-sheet daylight processing of 4x5 film, used with or without the corresponding motorized processor. If you can get one with the loader base, its pretty awesome. On the flip side, if you've got hands that aren't freakishly small, they're easy enough to load up on their own. You just have to be patient with yourself. I've used them a number of times and haven't had a single issue.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post

The minimum chemistry needed for the Jobo 2520 is 270ml for 6 sheets, 640ml for 12 sheets in the 2550.

(all Jobo tank capacities are here: http://jobo-usa.com/images/manuals/t...capacities.pdf).

Developing by hand does not necessarily mean inversion, tanks can be rotated on any flat surface, or in place on the inexpensive Jobo roller base #1509 if one need to or wants to save space.
    Sadly, this doesn't work for me at all, I don't want to roll my tank, because I don't develop that way, especially in black and white, I only do a tiny tiny very gentle inversion once per minute, and it sits the rest of the time. I use Rodinal mostly and technique changed results significantly with this developer.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone it's 1 litre vs 1,5 litre if you want the tanks to be full.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post

The 270ml you have quoted may well be enough to physically cover the film when using some form of rotation, but, depending on the developer and dilution, it may not be enough active developer to allow full development for 120 square inches of film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Stone it's 1 litre vs 1,5 litre if you want the tanks to be full.
    Yea, I got that, 1L is my max, alas... Maybe I'll design my own better one and market it

It seems to me if the tolerances on the mod 54 or better, this wouldn't be an issue, the film would stay put and not shimmy back-and-forth, but there's at least a millimeter or two of space on the top and bottom for the film to shift up-and-down, I don't understand why there's so much space. Also if instead of having the film be with teeth, if they were actually tracks, the film would stay more still, and be less prone to scratching in the first place.

I come from a long line of engineers, I'm the first in 4 generations to not be one by trade, but it still is ingrained in me, and it just drives me nuts that something better couldn't have been designed its so simple I don't understand, if I only had the money, I would design it myself and patent it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I come from a long line of engineers, I'm the first in 4 generations to not be one by trade, but it still is ingrained in me, and it just drives me nuts that something better couldn't have been designed its so simple I don't understand, if I only had the money, I would design it myself and patent it.
    JOBO already did it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    JOBO already did it.
    Didn't we just "figure out" that the jobo tank doesn't fit inside of a Paterson hand developing tank? And takes more than 1L of chemistry?

So obviously they DIDN'T do this. Sure they did it for those that can pay thousands for for a processor, or want automation, but what about home processing by hand and not using excess chemistry? Just make a darn reel that fits into the home systems, it's not that hard...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since when is Paterson home system and Jobo is not? There is no need for any kind of automation with JOBO, just treat is as a standard tank, and 0,5 litre of rodinal at 1+50 is not that big of a difference is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Didn't we just "figure out" that the jobo tank doesn't fit inside of a Paterson hand developing tank? And takes more than 1L of chemistry?

So obviously they DIDN'T do this. Sure they did it for those that can pay thousands for for a processor, or want automation, but what about home processing by hand and not using excess chemistry? Just make a darn reel that fits into the home systems, it's not that hard...
    The Paterson tanks are smaller inside than the JOBO ones. If you tried to use a JOBO type holder in a Paterson tank, the chemistry would flow in a different manner, thus potentially leading to uneven development.

So the process of designing inserts for a competitor's tank is not a simple or inexpensive one.

If you are concerned about the larger volumes of chemistry and costs involved in using a JOBO when agitation is by inversion, then move to using a replenishment regime for your developer. If you use X-Tol in a replenishment regime, your developer costs are probably about 5 cents a 4x5 sheet, and you can happily develop single sheets without being concerned about waste.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin