Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,322   Online: 1028

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kentmere films?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kentmere films?

Hey guys,

I was cruising the web and came across Kentmere films. I saw some great images that people had shot using 35mm film from Kentmere. Looks pretty nice. Anyone had any experiance using the product?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kentmere are good films; I had good experience with all those cheaper films like Ilford Pan, Kentmere, Polypan... developed usually in Rodinal 1+100.
    But I am not so picky about technical perfection, so I don't know will it work for you. Buy one and test it, or regarding the price - buy pack of 10 and test it .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    does it jive D-76?

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep, excellent products - both the 100 and 400. I prefer the 100 but the nordic "light", or rather absence of it, pushes me to use the 400. I've used it with Xtol and Rodinal with good results. If you don't like grain, buy some Tmax 400 instead.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I experimented a little bit with Kentmere 100 and found it to be fine, fairly grainy for its speed, good bang for the buck, but nothing that would make me switch over from other films of similar speed. It struck me as decent on all technical criteria but outstanding in none.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used both, found them good quality, rock-solid and reliable. Slight differences from my usual FP4+ and HP4+.....I usually keep to the latter for most purposes, perhaps because I know them well from many years experience, but would be entirely happy to use Kentmere if the Ilford were not to hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I run these films thru a P&S for quick grab shots. I like the price and the quality is good it helps support Ilford who is supporting our b/w.

Shooter
    127 Format
    How does Kentmere compare to Fomapan? Are they much different?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used it with good results.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, ToddB;

yes, I have exposed and developed one Kentmere 100 in Ilford ID 11, 1+3. It is a fine film! However, it is no super fine grain film as TMax 100 or Delta 100 - rather one of the "old type" films as Ilford FP4 - but very sharp and a wide range of lights and shadows.

Summing up: It is a very good and a reliable budget film for every days photography without spcific distortions as e.g. the Polypan that has a high amount of halation.

Jan-Peter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin