Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,857   Online: 1091

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Difference between Acros100 and E-6 sheet BOX DESIGNS

So does anybody know why within the Fuji brand for example and this happens with a lot of companies, but Fuji you happens to be the best example I have a moment, the sheet film boxes came to differ from film to film. Specifically the Acros100 sheet box is wider than the other films and also does NOT contain an inner box baffle, where the Provia100f/Velvia50 boxes I have are not as wide and contain a second baffle box. It seems kind of strange, and also inefficient to have two different style boxes within the same company line, not only for shipping and storage, but also because you have to actually physically design a secondary box shape, also obviously the missing internal baffle box kind of .... baffles me haha!

Is it possible I just have an older version of the box, and the new boxes are all smaller and have baffle boxes inside?

I know some people might not care but it bugs me and I want to know why
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the age of the boxes? As in, are you opening the new-and-improved stuff they released only a few months ago, vs stuff from a few years back? I can't say as I've noticed too much difference between boxes, but then I've never shot acros in 4x5.

(also, I'll presume you're shooting new-bought? I've been caught out by second-hand films missing internal boxes and bags before: I got a box of 10 Provia 100F (for only a few bucks) sold as 'some used', when i got it home I went to try and 'feel' through the bag how many sheets were left, took the top lid off and, woops, no inner boxes, nor bag. At least there was a cardboard over the sheets so I've probably only fogged the edges, but nevertheless it's been relegated to 'test shot' film...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    What's the age of the boxes? As in, are you opening the new-and-improved stuff they released only a few months ago, vs stuff from a few years back? I can't say as I've noticed too much difference between boxes, but then I've never shot acros in 4x5.

(also, I'll presume you're shooting new-bought? I've been caught out by second-hand films missing internal boxes and bags before: I got a box of 10 Provia 100F (for only a few bucks) sold as 'some used', when i got it home I went to try and 'feel' through the bag how many sheets were left, took the top lid off and, woops, no inner boxes, nor bag. At least there was a cardboard over the sheets so I've probably only fogged the edges, but nevertheless it's been relegated to 'test shot' film...)
    Yes it was a new box, bought all the film from B&H except some Astia100f I bought from eBay, all the boxes are smaller except the Acros100, I got an old box if Arista 100 and that box is big too and doesn't have a baffle, but that was partially used and is reboxed FOMA so who knows, but anyway, all bought new, all smaller boxes.

Anyway it's almost all newly bought within the last year and not expired. I bought the Acros100 about 2 days before the prices jumped into the $50's
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin