Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,065   Online: 831

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the invite, Stone... And yeah, in fact my alter-ego is more likely to try something edgy in either roll film or 35mm than in sheets.
    I'm a bit of a schizophenic in terms of bouncing between different styles of shooting, with different formats. I use view cameras for immaculate
    highly detailed formal compositions, but small cameras for much more spontaneous things, often deliberately devoid of surplus information.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That's your opinion.

And trust me, the movie industry doesn't use "middle of the road" film, period, they only settle for the best, which is why it's still around as the last B&W movie film available.
    Orwo 100 and 400 ISO are also still available in cine

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's your opinion.

And trust me, the movie industry doesn't use "middle of the road" film, period, they only settle for the best, which is why it's still around as the last B&W movie film available.

Anyway you have no interest, that's fine, it's happening anyway.

I do agree however that PanF+ in sheet would be pretty awesome.

pretty braod generalization ..., no?
    orwo, slavich, fuji kodak tasma all still make cine film
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...re_film_stocks

not saying it isnt a nice film, but 600$ for 100 sheets is rather pricy ...
    probably the most expensive black and white film ever made ...
    (id rather shoot a known quantity, on a base that isn't thin and curley )

i hope if the deal goes through they cut it to the right size ..
    it would be quite the farce if after i was all said and done they cut it wrong ...
    ( its happened often )
    Last edited by jnanian; 01-09-2014 at 05:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    pretty braod generalization ..., no?

not saying it isnt a nice film, but 600$ for 100 sheets is rather pricy ...
    probably the most expensive black and white film ever made ...
    (id rather shoot a known quantity, on a base that isn't thin and curley )

i hope if the deal goes through they cut it to the right size ..
    it would be quite the farce if after i was all said and done they cut it wrong ...
    ( its happened often )
    I'm sure it will be fine, I'll try it in my normal holders but will probably follow the advice of another and ere on the side of caution and use my grafmatic holder.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm sure it will be fine, I'll try it in my normal holders but will probably follow the advice of another and ere on the side of caution and use my grafmatic holder.
    hope so .. efke and others often made mistakes back in the day ( like 10 years ago )
    ... and they were old pros at cutting film ..

lol. wouldnt it stink to get 6$/sheet film all cut ...4x5

Shooter
    35mm
    Besides all the other manufacturers listed above, don't forget that Foma also make a few b+w cine-film materials. Perhaps it might be more accurate to say that Double-XX is the only b+w cine material made in USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And in 35mm it is a nice emulsion, very old-school in look. Certainly one of the older base formulas around today, and processed carefully it can look very good. Not $6 a sheet good for me.

Enjoy it ye of bigger faith!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kodak is not Efke. Fotochemika had all kinds of cutting and packaging problems due to their financial inability to maintain their facility. This fact eventually became their demise. I really liked some of their products, but the quality control was often so-so. If Kodak cuts the film, it will be correct.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Kodaks cutters are roll type which use precision rolls to shear as they draw on the take up spooling. Eastman/Kodak is having to design and machine a custom roll shear pair if I remember the historic film machine photos correctly. No small task. Many ante'd in. Some hung on at the raise. We will see how the hand plays out. I've had risk managers refuse to allow their corporate lab to mix an expiramental lubricant for full price and we do the testing.... At least E/K will try it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hope so .. efke and others often made mistakes back in the day ( like 10 years ago )
    ... and they were old pros at cutting film ..

lol. wouldnt it stink to get 6$/sheet film all cut ...4x5
    All kodak film is guaranteed against manufacture defects with replacement or refund, you know that.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin