Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,077   Online: 745

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    The machine that exposes the dots on the film is still "Tooling". It is Flexable tooling as it responds to software changes rather then Wrenches.
    Yep. The slitting/lightbeaming machines are more than capable (and probably separate anyway). How do you think Tri-X got Arista Premium labeled on the rebate? A simple setting change. Keen spotters will of course remember the font is the same.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Keith just sent out another email, just a few more orders and kodak will begin! If you haven't yet, go put in your order, and if you want to add an additional box, that would help hot the goal too.

Very very close!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Bump
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The way this is going this film may arrive about the same time that my Wanderlust camera gets here. That would be terrific!
    The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    The way this is going this film may arrive about the same time that my Wanderlust camera gets here. That would be terrific!
    That would be great timing! I think we may be close to our ceiling, the initial purchasing happened rather quick, but the last few boxes are trickling in, like shooting a roll of film and having 6 frames left and having to wait to process it... Haha

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    February update, we now only need six more boxes to complete the order, if anyone wants to order a second box, or hasn't jumped on this yet, please consider it, we are so very close!

Best,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait until the cost comes down. I'd love to get in on it from the beginning, but the cost is prohibitive for me at this time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Update:

Ok it's happening!!! The order of specially cut Eastman Double-X in 4x5 has been sent to Kodak-Alaris yesterday and now we wait.

I wanted to thank all who helped make this possible.

I know this is not the main thread but it was talked about here.

Let's hope the cutting goes well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear Stone. Now starts the waiting of a different sort.
    The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just got this email...

Sad news...

"Hello Stone;
    It is with great disappointment that I am sending this email. Kodak contacted me and after doing the R&D for making 4x5 Double X they have determined that they cannot make it at the original minimum order quantity. As you know this is cinematography film that is cut into rolls. If Eastman Kodak were to make 60 boxes of 4x5 from a master roll and then cut the cinematography rolls there would be an enormous amount of wasted film. To avoid this waste they would need to manufacture 250 boxes of 4x5. It was difficult to even reach the 60 box mark, so 250 boxes would be insurmountable. Even though Eastman Kodak is not going to be able to make this work at the 60 box amount, I think they are to be commended for their willingness to do the R&D on the project. It took time for them to do this and therefore cost them money. I will begin to return your prepayments this week. For those of you in the United State, I will be sending a check in the mail. For those of you outside the U.S., please email me so that we can determine the best method of returning your money.

If there is anything that K.B. Canham Cameras, Inc. can do to help you with large format cameras or film in the future, please let me know.

Regards;
    Keith Canham"

I'm surprised they didn't know the number needed to be higher ahead of time, that said, I'm glad Kodak made the effort, it shows a lot of hope for them as a company.

And so it goes...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin