Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,485   Online: 1000

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Latest from Keith

I wanted to send an update on the progress of the co-p for Double X 4x5. Currently I have 79 people committed to 188 boxes. I have been in contact with Kodak alaris about the film. The manufacturing division of Eastman Kodak is currently doing a feasibility study for the film. They need to see if the machinery that cuts sheet film is able to work with the Double X film. This is due to the fact that cinematography is not on the same substrate as sheet film. I think this is great. My past experience with special order Kodak films has been that if it is possible, they will do it for me. With the holiday season it could take some extra time before I find out if this manufacturing procedure is possible. Please be patient as we wait. I also want to thank you for your participation in the endeavor. I will send you new information as I receive it.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks I'll share it on the other thread too, wish the mod's would combine them lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Update on the special order.

"I wanted to send an update on the progress of the co-p for Double X 4x5. Currently I have 79 people committed to 188 boxes. I have been in contact with Kodak alaris about the film. The manufacturing division of Eastman Kodak is currently doing a feasibility study for the film. They need to see if the machinery that cuts sheet film is able to work with the Double X film. This is due to the fact that cinematography is not on the same substrate as sheet film. I think this is great. My past experience with special order Kodak films has been that if it is possible, they will do it for me. With the holiday season it could take some extra time before I find out if this manufacturing procedure is possible. Please be patient as we wait. I also want to thank you for your participation in the endeavor. I will send you new information as I receive it.
    Regards;
    Keith Canham"
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Threads merged.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Threads merged.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck to those who are in, a great film in 35mm that I shoot lots of. Surprised that there wasn't more vitriol about this!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am well pleased that Kodak Alaris is responsive to special order stuff. Ilford's annual ULF programme does a lot to endear that company to the Large Format community, and for me, as a Kodak user (mostly), I really want to find reasons to like that company more (r.i.p. Plus-X, etc)...

Bring on the 2 boxes of Double-X I may well have ordered!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    Good luck to those who are in, a great film in 35mm that I shoot lots of. Surprised that there wasn't more vitriol about this!
    I think all the pessimism would be higher if it once existed in LF and then got pulled before. This is a unique opportunity so it's slightly different. I think when we find out what kodak says we will get more opinion.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use 400 ISO Rodinal 1:100 19C stand better grain than 3x by some margin in 5222 reels bit of a waste in 5x4 but without +x...

looks to be a stop slower than 3x shooting cassettes back to back

It's toe and shoulder is nice

I've only got 1000 foot left.

hope your boat comes home

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    I use 400 ISO Rodinal 1:100 19C stand better grain than 3x by some margin in 5222 reels bit of a waste in 5x4 but without +x...

looks to be a stop slower than 3x shooting cassettes back to back

It's toe and shoulder is nice

I've only got 1000 foot left.

hope your boat comes home
    Huh? I think I am not understanding all of what you just said...

Do you mean you shoot Eastman Double-X at EI 400?

And you do a Rodinal 1:100 stand dev, and get better grain by roughly 3 times the amount you see normally with traditional D-96?

And what is a waste in 4x5? I'm not following that part, also not following the "but without +x" either.

Sorry it's morning and maybe I'm stupid haha, thanks for further clarification.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin