Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,703   Posts: 1,548,471   Online: 870

Developer for MCC

The instruction sheet for Agfa MCC lists several developers including Neutol BL for cold image tone
    Anyone know if this tends to be available in this hemisphere?
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Ethol LPD.
    Dilute 1+1 or 1+2 for cold images, 1+4 or higher for warmer images.... works for me at least.

The images will have a tendency to be "warm" since the paper base is off white.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

MCC

Why exactly are you trying to impose cold tones on what is inherently a warmtone paper? I have used 1.5OZ. of Benzo. with Forte and it will exhibit excellent blue blacks. You can make Forte go either warm or cold although I prefer to use it neutral. You won't be happy trying to get that result with MCC.
    Now if you're talking about warmtones and using some homemade Polytoner on MCC you will see some amazing results.
    Regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peters
    Why exactly are you trying to impose cold tones on what is inherently a warmtone paper? I have used 1.5OZ. of Benzo. with Forte and it will exhibit excellent blue blacks. You can make Forte go either warm or cold although I prefer to use it neutral. You won't be happy trying to get that result with MCC.
    Now if you're talking about warmtones and using some homemade Polytoner on MCC you will see some amazing results.
    Regards, Peter
    You're right although it does gold tone well. I developed in Neutol WA and Dektol and could not see any difference.
    I tend to prefer a short dip in Viradon- I never liked Polytoner but should try it again, I still have a gallon left
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Toner

Mark- take my word for it. I did extensive testing on different papers about 15 months ago. The MCC and Polytoner will knock your socks off. This paper really takes to that combo; better than any other. The papaer takes on a really nice glow. Try it for yourself.
    Regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peters
    Mark- take my word for it. I did extensive testing on different papers about 15 months ago. The MCC and Polytoner will knock your socks off. This paper really takes to that combo; better than any other. The papaer takes on a really nice glow. Try it for yourself.
    Regards, Peter
    I'll give it a go
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Neutol-Plus

I have great results with this paper using Agfa's Neutol-Plus developer. This combination produces a pleasant neutral-toned image.
    Analog forever from here in Austin, Tx!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin