Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,368   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyrocat/PMK

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

PL100

I been trying out the Pl100 in 4x5 and it seems to be OK as far as emulsion softness and pinholes. Maybe they have addressed the problems.
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot a lot of Efke 100 in sizes from 120 roll through 8x10 sheet. I develop most of it in Pyrocat-HD with no stop bath (plain water instead) and an alkaline non-hardening fixer.

Absolutely no pinholes! No problems with emulsion softness (that I didn't create)!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The pinhole thing has a lot to do with acid stops, but this can happen with any film. A water stop is fine if you allow for it in your process. Granted, the emulsion is soft, but technique can be the sole variable to avoid problems in this area. Try tube development and you won't get scratches or any development problems.

I don't know of a finer film than Efke 25 for building contrast and a crisp tonal scale, which can be tailored to any process you like to use. Once development times are tamed, you'll be amazed at the image quality possible with this film. As long as you're not in a hurry for quick shutter speeds, there is a lot going for this choice of film.

Efke 100 is still the winner for pushing, pulling, expanding, compressing and general torture of a film to fit nearly any situation out there. I'm surprised PETF (People for the ethical treatment of films) hasn't set up a picket line around the factory to protest what some people have done with this stuff.
    tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin