Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,340   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyrocat/PMK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pyrocat/PMK

I've been using PMK with 4X5 BPF 200 and while I like the PMK I've found problems with the BPF. Enough of a problem that I would like to try other films with the PMK I have and soon try Pyrocat HD. My problem with BPF is inconsistent pin holes in the emulsion that I don't want to deal with. It would be easier to change films than developers.

So my question is, are there some films "more" receptive to stain developers than others?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

TMAX

Bruce- try TMAX400. This is probably the best staining combo in my opinion with pyrocat-hd. Although I still have the older version. Tri-=x stains very well too.
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter;
    Are you suggesting the TMax Pro 360? I think they also make a reformulated TMax 400(?).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bruce,

I can recommend FP4+ with both PMK and Pyrocat. It is much sharper than BPF and has a beautiful tonality.

Greg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

PRO160?

Bruce-I never heard of TMX-pro360. Is this a 4x5 film? I was referring to the TMAX400. Try it and you won't believe the difference. I never cared for BPF200. And it doesn't do N+1 so why bother. The tmax400 works very well for alternate process. I've also used it with W2D2. That doesn't get much play here but is a very good economical developer if you make it yourself. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Good luck, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    Peter;
    Are you suggesting the TMax Pro 360? I think they also make a reformulated TMax 400(?).
    No, I dont think you are. I looked at the Kodak site and you are probably suggesting Kodak T-Max 400 TMY Professional 4053 Black & White Film ISO 400.

Thanks, I've been looking for a good reason to try T Grain film again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke 25 and Efke 100

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FP-4

I definately agree that FP-4 and Pyrocat is worth trying if you want a slower film Bruce. Those two seem to be made for each other.
    Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I also use FP4 with PMK and like the combination. Buy I did have some problems with pinholes so now I only use water for a stop bath. Haven't had a pinholes problem since

Shooter
    Multi Format
    many swear by efke pl100, but is also notorious for pinholes and emulsion softness. I loved FP4 in Exactol Lux and as I am starting to use Pyrocat, expect more of the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin