Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,652   Online: 772

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll basically re-do the flashing tests with it (and possibly cooltone) and compare to the data I got with current MGIV and Gallerie. I'll add toning tests (Selenium only) and maybe SE3 developer similar to the tests I did with MGWT. This should be fun work.

I would have needed to do this anyway as MGIV FB was my primary paper so I'll need to get aquainted with my new paper - MGIV Classic!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome. I'm particularly excited about the Cooltone but will def. try the Classic as well.

Large size availability is great, too!

Thanks, Ilford!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Curves are rather very impressive for 'CoolTone'...I am trying to compare with MCC 110.
    Yes, to the extent one can tell from published curves, the FB CT looks much more Tri-X-friendly than the existing MG IV FB or the new MG FB Classic. If that pans out, it will be good news indeed. I'll eagerly look forward to trying it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All fine and dandy as long as the price stays in the MGIV price range. I get a little edgy when a company comes out with a "NEW & IMPROVED" product and then dumps the old, well established, well liked old one. Almost always a little upping of the price goes with it too. Remember when Coca-Cola stopped making classic coke for that "NEW & IMPROVED" junk they put out???? We'll see how it goes, but I do think Ilford is a little more classy then to do what Coca-Cola did. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cost is not a big criteria when I'm doing exhibition prints. The amount of darkroom work involved and the low volume (for me) swamp out the paper cost considerations. I'm probably going to use whatever paper I think looks the best.

But... The bulk of my printing is just meant for scanning to put on my website or flickr page. I do almost all the dodging, burning, and pre-flashing that I do for an exhibition print, but I don't tone them and I am not as concerned about squeezing that last tiny bit of Dmax out of them. For this stuff, I use budget paper. Usually RC, but sometimes FB.

I see these new products as something I would use for exhibition prints and I particularly like the straight curve with low contrast filters. I hope that finds its way into Ilford's RC papers at some point. I like the idea of being able to experiment on RC paper and then shift to FB for the final print. The more similar they are, the easier that is to do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was in the darkroom, coaxing MGWT to become cooler, and as soon as I got out I saw this lovely announcement! Cannot wait to test the new papers, I am very excited. Above all, what wonderful news to hear. Thank you, Harman/Ilford.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Krueger View Post
    Cost is not a big criteria when I'm doing exhibition prints. The amount of darkroom work involved and the low volume (for me) swamp out the paper cost considerations. I'm probably going to use whatever paper I think looks the best.

But... The bulk of my printing is just meant for scanning to put on my website or flickr page. I do almost all the dodging, burning, and pre-flashing that I do for an exhibition print, but I don't tone them and I am not as concerned about squeezing that last tiny bit of Dmax out of them. For this stuff, I use budget paper. Usually RC, but sometimes FB.

I see these new products as something I would use for exhibition prints and I particularly like the straight curve with low contrast filters. I hope that finds its way into Ilford's RC papers at some point. I like the idea of being able to experiment on RC paper and then shift to FB for the final print. The more similar they are, the easier that is to do.
    Yes, I don't think cost means much if quality/output is more to your liking. I'm just saying that that is usually how new products go. I'll be watching the reviews from folks here and am curious to see what they think. It is nice to have a company like Ilford in your corner. To bad the big yellow guy got knocked out of the ring! JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great news!

I wonder how did Ilford manage to reduce the washing time for their new Classic paper.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    This is great news!

I wonder how did Ilford manage to reduce the washing time for their new Classic paper.
    I too am wondering this...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin