Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,924   Online: 989

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John Sexton posted the following on Facebook regarding the new Ilford papers:

"Exciting news for users of fiber base silver gelatin photographic paper! Anne and I have done some preliminary testing of the papers, and the results look very promising. Look for more detailed information in an upcoming installment of my eNewsletter. You can subscribe at my web site: www.johnsexton.com."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    This is great news!

I wonder how did Ilford manage to reduce the washing time for their new Classic paper.
    Very interesting. I hope there isn't any downside to whatever they have done to either stop fixer being absorbed (a barrier?) or to accelerate washing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is very good news indeed, shows that Harman have confidence in the future of silver printing, and according to the newsletter I have just recieved from Silverprint the prices of both new papers are the same as the MGIVFB paper, both the Cooltone and classic paper is the same, which is even better news

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is awesome news. I just stocked up last month on various sizes of MG IV FB so I won't be in the market for a while but I can't wait to give them a shot.

Would love to see an introductory combo pack (say 10 sheets of each type) for people to try the new papers without a big investment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Would love to see an introductory combo pack (say 10 sheets of each type) for people to try the new papers without a big investment.
    That would be very nice, indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have yet to actually work with any FB papers, may have to give these new ones a shot! I work mostly with Ilford RC papers.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang. Just bought a box of 250 8x10 MGIV FB. Oh well. My VC head settings are ISO-calibrated to MGIV FB and cross-calibrated to MGIV RC. This makes the two very close to interchangeable for me on the fly. A new paper means recalibrating. Not a bad thing, I suppose. But not now for a while yet.

Nevertheless, way to go Harman!

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is fantastic news! Emailed freestyle as soon as I saw this thread regarding the new Ilford Cooltone paper and got this response back from Pablo:

"Our current ETA for the new ILFORD FB line of products is 12/18 and the full line should be live on our website on Monday."

Thank you Ilford!!! With so many papers going by the wayside it's so awesome to see some new offerings. Yippee!
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    This is fantastic news! Emailed freestyle as soon as I saw this thread regarding the new Ilford Cooltone paper and got this response back from Pablo:

"Our current ETA for the new ILFORD FB line of products is 12/18 and the full line should be live on our website on Monday."

Thank you Ilford!!! With so many papers going by the wayside it's so awesome to see some new offerings. Yippee!
    Welcome back!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    More good news. Looks like the new FB Classic and Cooltone will be priced the same as MG IV. Well done Ilford!
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin